Buzz TV E2 SE choppiness (running Buzz 5)

Ever since 2-3 weeks weeks ago, my device has been experiencing slight lag on normal channels, i.e. it would just stop for a fraction of a second. On some channels, this lag accumulates, it gets choppier and I eventually get an Android prompt the app is not responding. I have also had this lag while in the menu itself, i.e. I just tried unplugging the ethernet and switch to Wi-Fi and the Settings would not respond (no change with the issue between WiFi and Ethernet btw). I thought maybe it was an issue with the provider but I got another provider and am basically experiencing the same kind of issues with the new provider on other channels. My 50 megs DSL connection has not changed my hardware setup has not either, I just ran a speedtest and my speed is as advertised.

Any ideas other than junking the device and getting a new one?

Edited by JC1

• JC1 changed the title to Buzz TV E2 SE choppiness (running Buzz 5)