**NEW** Official U5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - April 3rd, 2023

allaboutbuzz

4 hours ago, Redhusker24 said:

I love that but there's a bunch of blank channels and channels that are useless so since you can do it with groups and rearrange the groups why not the channels.

No one said it can't be done.  Everything can be done, it is just software.  But keep in mind that there are often less than 100 categories, so pretty simple.. But there are services with 10000+ channels. Keeping a separate list of all these channels (9000 of which probably most will never watch), and having to flag each one as visible or not, is a little overkill.  Not to mention that every time you load your LiveTV it would have to parse this list to then build a channel list of what is visible and what is not.  

Having the option to create more than one favorites group will allow you to create custom lists with as many custom categories as you want.. "My Networks, My Sports, My Movies, My P0Rn, etc.".  Also, if you don't care or use favorites "groups", you can just flag all the channels you care for, and want visible, as favorites.  Then when you are in the categories you choose (channel list or EPG), you can choose the green button to "sort", and then select "favorites" from the sort option.  That way, if it is not a favorite channel, it will not be visible 🙂

But seriously, blank channels ?  That is not normal.  having a few channels that are not streaming is perfectly fine.  But blank channels, and a bunch of them.. Hmmm.  I personally am browsing my "favorites" category 90% of the time, unless I am looking for some premium sports, or PPV events.  Oh ya, or just channel surfing some of the Premium movie channels.  Either way, I am not even going through channel list.  I bring up the EPG, and then scroll up or down one page at a time to see if there is anything remotely interesting.  Best thing buzz did on the remote was add the CH+ and CH- button to scroll up or down one page at a time.  Much more convenient than using the arrows at the bottom left/right.  And if paired with a decent service, the 5 Series of Buzz boxes are pretty damn quick at loading the EPG.

14 minutes ago, Redhusker24 said:

When will this update be released? 

The one for the multiple favorites groups is presently in beta.  I do not control and have no idea how long it will be before it is released to general public.  It will include many other nice features like being able to backup your server info, favorites, etc..  also.  Since it includes many new features, it won't be released tomorrow however. 

But for now, if you don't use favorites (considering you want to hide channels in other categories), you can use it as I describe in the second half of my 2nd paragraph above.  That option has been there for some time now.

hello, I have a box u5 32g + ssd wd red1tb. Latest firmware. Such a question is why when I click, for example, on updating the system, it seems to want to go there and back returns to the previous screen, it behaves the same way when I want to get into the settings of the remote control, it seems to switch and go back to the previous page. I can’t get into these applications at all, but otherwise everything is ok.

9 minutes ago, Opazzno_NooB said:

hello, I have a box u5 32g + ssd wd red1tb. Latest firmware. Such a question is why when I click, for example, on updating the system, it seems to want to go there and back returns to the previous screen, it behaves the same way when I want to get into the settings of the remote control, it seems to switch and go back to the previous page. I can’t get into these applications at all, but otherwise everything is ok.

when you added ssd and while formatting ssd in the box did you move all apps in ssd? if yes then always keep it to internal.

I would say just reset your box if its not behaving normal. 

When you formatted the SSD, you were given an option probably to format as portable storage or internal storage.  I always recommend to people to use it as portable storage.  But that is personal choice.

If you format as internal storage, the Android OS will "adopt" the filesystem nd treat it as an extension of it's internal storage.  Advantages are that "some" (not all) apps can install onto the ssd, keeping some more free space on the onboard.  But the negatives are, that it can ONLY be ready on this box, and if the SSD ever fails, you will probably have no choice but to do a factory reset, since the OS would be missing a lot of files which were installed to the SSD and it would misbehave.   

Formatting it as portable, it is used only for file transfers, PVR recording, downloads, etc..  And the drive can be removed, and you can easily connect the drive to a PC to transfer files to/from the drive.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Since the update (2023/08/25) the U5 apps, no longer output 5.1 sound. it was working fine the previous day (before the update).

I check all settings, reboot, did a factory reset, no success.

When I push the "Green button", the menu indicate that the show is presented with 5.1 sound, but it only output a stereo stream on the HDMI out.

I tried with multiple sources, no success.

Finally, I check with a third party app (XCIPTV) and it work fine, the output is DD5.1 as it suppose to be, so the hardware and OS are OK, only the Buzz player is not working.

Any Suggestions?

Bye

Jacques

31 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Hello,

Since the update (2023/08/25) the U5 apps, no longer output 5.1 sound. it was working fine the previous day (before the update).

When I push the "Green button", the menu indicate that the show is presented with 5.1 sound, but it only output a stereo stream on the HDMI out.

Finally, I check with a third party app (XCIPTV) and it work fine, the output is DD5.1 as it suppose to be, so the hardware and OS are OK, only the Buzz player is not working.

Any Suggestions?

Bye

Jacques

You already posted in the AUG 24th firmware thread.  Why posting a copy&paste of the same thing in an older thread ?   

This post is irrelevant to THIS thread.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jacques said:

Hello,

Any Suggestions?

Bye

Jacques

We have tried this repeatedly on numerous channels with 5.1 audio 

It works on multiple sound bars and Stereo Receivers we use for testing.  Even 7.1 Audio as well.

We tested this using the Primary Player on both Live TV + VOD/TV Series
You can check which Player you're using in the Configuration menu of the Buzz app

• Like 3