**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - April 3rd, 2023

allaboutbuzz

If after the update, you get the red light at boot up when the Home Screen appears, keep unplugging/plugging back in. I eventually kept the blue light. So, when you can access the UI, shut off all CEC options. This has allowed my X5 to operate stable now.

Edited by Relbat_boys
Grammar

15 hours ago, BeachBum said:

I have cycled power on all items, no change. By clearing cache, you of course mean disconnect/reconnect power. Yep, like 5x.

After checking your MAC

The issue is you have no internal memory left on the box. We have had 5 users already with this exact same issue via support. 

This is usually caused by having too many recordings recorded to the internal memory.  If the box doesn't have enough internal memory, the OTA will not work. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The new firmware update for the X5 64/128 Al in April 2023 is making the BT-400 remote control lose pairing with the box frequently and do other strange things like scrolling endlessly without stopping when you just want to go up or down one channel or adjust the volume, etc. Will only work within a few feet of the X5 (unless re-paired).
All reboot, reset, clear cache, procedures have been done resulting in the same buggy operation. Also, the pvr functions hang/freeze sometimes since this update.

Things went south the minute after it took this new firmware update, it did far more harm than good. I have read of others experiencing the *exact same issues* after this firmware update, so... instead of being a pleasure it's now a Buzzkill. 😞

Would love to roll back this update or try beta firmware or something, this almost new box is driving me crazy since this firmware update. I was starting to grow fond of this box, but not too happy with it since this firmware update started to make it malfunction.

I trust someone is working to fix these issues?

4 hours ago, Oled1 said:

The new firmware update for the X5 64/128 Al in April 2023 is making the BT-400 remote control lose pairing with the box frequently and do other strange things like scrolling endlessly without stopping when you just want to go up or down one channel or adjust the volume, etc. Will only work within a few feet of the X5 (unless re-paired).
All reboot, reset, clear cache, procedures have been done resulting in the same buggy operation. Also, the pvr functions hang/freeze sometimes since this update.

Things went south the minute after it took this new firmware update, it did far more harm than good. I have read of others experiencing the *exact same issues* after this firmware update, so... instead of being a pleasure it's now a Buzzkill. 😞

Would love to roll back this update or try beta firmware or something, this almost new box is driving me crazy since this firmware update. I was starting to grow fond of this box, but not too happy with it since this firmware update started to make it malfunction.

Some users are having issues  the majority of users have had no issues.

Beta users still had to load the same firmware

Edited by nbs.

4 hours ago, Oled1 said:

PM me your MAC
So I can check something

Thanks

• 1 month later...

So sad to see that Buzz has done absolutely nothing for their customers to fix their major firmware screw up.  After trusting in them and spending a whole lot more than your average Android box this is sure a HUGE  letdown. I have three friends with this X5 box and  and they are all affected in the exact same way as I am.. We are all thinking of getting rid of these boxes if Buzz doesn't do something soon to fix their BIG screw up.

THE VERY LEAST THEY COULD DO IS OFFER A FIRMWARE ROLLBACK FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM THE ONGOING EFFECTS OF THEIR BOTCHED FIRMWARE UPDATE.

In the mean time we have spread the word FAR AND WIDE that it's painfully obvious that BuzzTv doesn't care about anything else but their bottom line by their inaction on this serious matter.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Oled1 said:

So sad to see that Buzz has done absolutely nothing for their customers to fix their major firmware screw up.  After trusting in them and spending a whole lot more than your average Android box this is sure a HUGE  letdown. I have three friends with this X5 box and  and they are all affected in the exact same way as I am.. We are all thinking of getting rid of these boxes if Buzz doesn't do something soon to fix their BIG screw up.

THE VERY LEAST THEY COULD DO IS OFFER A FIRMWARE ROLLBACK FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM THE ONGOING EFFECTS OF THEIR BOTCHED FIRMWARE UPDATE.

In the mean time we have spread the word FAR AND WIDE that it's painfully obvious that BuzzTv doesn't care about anything else but their bottom line by their inaction on this serious matter.

we have around 7 X5 active units and none have issues with pairing. no issues with firmware but lots of new functions and improvements with buzztv 5 app. so saying buzz has done absolutely nothing makes no sense. we are using bt-400 remote controls and not disconnect once. 

average android box? seriously, have you seen packaging alone? forget about quality material. android boxes you are talking about mostly are fake, fool you with software but in reality they are not inside what your software show you. 

buzz is real product with real support. 🙂

This from someone who has no forum etiquette and decided to hijack someone else's thread. 😎

I have 2 X5 units (an original X5 128AI, and a newer X5 AX-C 64GB), one on beta firmware and one on public release firmware and have none of the issues you mentioned.

And saying that the remote is only good for a few feet, if not on Bluetooth is crazy.   Buzz has some of the best IR useable distances.  Sometimes when I use the wrong remote (one not paired), I don't even realize it, because the IR is so powerful that no matter how far I am and pointing or not pointing towards the box, it just works.  Unless you have the box locked behind some cabinet, or behind the TV, or if your room is 30ft+ long, it is one of the best IR around.   I've tried many crappy Chinese knockoff boxes and most of those remotes don't even work facing the box at 6ft away.

Did you ever contact Buzz directly by email ?   Maybe you just happened to get a defect.  It can happen in mass production.

I had a similar issue on my old xrs4900 ages ago, but it turned out that I had manually disabled the WiFi on the box (since I am wired on all my boxes), and in turn the chipset would turn off the BT without reporting anything.  Turned the WiFi back on manually, and never had an issue again.