Deactiving Password on Buzztv HD5

sston

• 5 months later...

Have a similar issue, but with VOD. Every time I go to watch any episode, it asks for password to unlock? 

Last night I added a second server, and this is where it is happening. I have the same server on other boxes, with no issue. 

So this morning I removed both servers, then added them back. Both were working as expected. About an hour later, I was adding favorites, then this issue reappeared. Now asking for password on every episode again. 

Parental control will only let me change password… nothing else. Cannot disable password. I have checked every setting I can see. 

Any thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Fastcompany7 said:

Have a similar issue, but with VOD. Every time I go to watch any episode, it asks for password to unlock? 

Last night I added a second server, and this is where it is happening. I have the same server on other boxes, with no issue. 

So this morning I removed both servers, then added them back. Both were working as expected. About an hour later, I was adding favorites, then this issue reappeared. Now asking for password on every episode again. 

Parental control will only let me change password… nothing else. Cannot disable password. I have checked every setting I can see. 

Any thoughts? 

Some servers have started adding passwords to certain VOD
Due to adult content, or mature content

If the server requires it, we support it
So you can't disable it.

• Like 4

So you can't disable it.”

I don’t believe this is the case here. After checking it out again, based on this statement, I found that it does not restrict any movie, but still asked for password on simple kids TV show.  Also, the same server is running, without issue,  on other units in my home. 

Going to factory reset, and see where it goes. lol

Thanks for the help Allaboutbuzz

1 hour ago, Fastcompany7 said:

So you can't disable it.”

I don’t believe this is the case here. After checking it out again, based on this statement, I found that it does not restrict any movie, but still asked for password on simple kids TV show.  Also, the same server is running, without issue,  on other units in my home. 

Going to factory reset, and see where it goes. lol

Thanks for the help Allaboutbuzz

Ok try it and let us know

You wanted an update, here it is.

I deleted the problem server and reinstalled… same problems came back immediately. I then went into Buzz TV app settings, and cleared all data, effectively removing servers.

I then reinstalled the server that was giving me the problem. Everything went fine, and after setup, I used the server for a good 12 hours. No password requests.. worked perfectly. 

Today, I installed the second server. That went well too, and after I set it up, I watched a VOD show, and opened several others… everything worked fine…as expected.

I then returned to the first server, to check on it, selected a VOD show, picked the episode, and as soon as I clicked it, up popped the password request again, and it was running perfectly. Dam! lol 

So, to me, it seems like a glitch when running multiple servers. Doesn’t matter which order they’re installed, the problem arises, (but only in the one server) and each server works perfectly when installed alone.   

I’ll leave that to you guys to sort out. haha!