BT 250 Back light

gig63

1 minute ago, Emporium said:

As far as I know the backlight on the BT-250 is controllable by the "Remote" app on the newer devices.  Would be nice it it had a shortcut like the BT-200, but I have not seen one listed anywhere.

I don't think the remote has backlight

• Like 1

I rarely use the backlight on any of my remotes.  They have become all muscle memory by now.

I had completely forgotten about the fact that the BT-250 had no backlight.

One thing however that would be nice with the BT-250 is for it to react a little more like the ARQ series remotes.  ie:

• when the airmouse is active, it would be nice to have some other buttons also functional.  With the ARQ series, the "back" button is still functional, so it you select a menu or icon (like "apps" or "settings"), when you press the back button it does back out when using the ARQ.  With the BT-250, you need to disable the airmouse to be able to back out.  I even tested with my generic MX3 remote (which is similar to the ARQ200) and it also still has the back button active (and they still have the dpad functional also - which is not much use since the OK button follows the mouse cursor). 
  • Would also be nice if the mouse cursor/ok button could be used in the standard android keyboard.  It works in the BuzzTV keyboards (like when searching TV series/VOD), but on the standard android keyboard (like when entering a new server info), it does not work to select the letters.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I confirmed with head office: The BT-250 remote does NOT have a backlight feature because of cost savings (too costly to add it apparently). This is a horrible  decision by management. Very frustrating because I know for a fact that many customers want this backlight feature, especially when they pay for a premium device. One step forward, two steps back. 

Confirmed with head office....lol It was already posted there was no backlight Horrible decision? Do you know how much more it would have added to the price of a box?

You can always get a remote with backlight if it's so desperately needed

• Like 2