"Google Services Framew... keeps stopping." error message.

Hi all.

I hope you can help me. I am going to bed after posting this as I work in the morning and am losing one hour of sleep.

I'm getting a repeat error message "Google Services Framew ... keeps stopping." I am also intermittently getting  a "Buzz TV5 keeps stopping" error message.

I have tried putting a toothpick in the hole to reset it. Nothing.  Remove the power cord, re insert it and immediately do the toothpick in the little hole. No joy.

Resetting the box (hold power button on remote) no joy.

It's been doing this since about mid day Saturday. I was watching the England/ France rugby game when it glitched and it's been continuous since then. I disconnected power and went to watch the Dallas Reds playing against Dallas Athletic Rugby Club, ran some errands, came back, Connected power. Same message. 

Was hoping to record Ireland/ Scotland in the morning (going to work right about halftime) but I guess that's not going to happen at this rate. 

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you for your consideration.

Mo

Here is the detailed instruction video on how to reset it using the toothpick.  You need to unplug it,  insert (hear the little click) and while you are holding it, you plug it in and hold for 15 seconds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l1x3KJl_jE

IF the box is NOT glitching too much and you can get into the menus, you can go into "settings" and on the second row (Device Preferences), on the far right, there is an option called "reset".  Go into that and select reset.  This will do a factory reset of the device.  Keep in mind you would need to reinstall everything at this point however.

Edited by Emporium

33 minutes ago, neanderthal said:

Hi all.

I hope you can help me. I am going to bed after posting this as I work in the morning and am losing one hour of sleep.

I'm getting a repeat error message "Google Services Framew ... keeps stopping." I am also intermittently getting  a "Buzz TV5 keeps stopping" error message.

I have tried putting a toothpick in the hole to reset it. Nothing.  Remove the power cord, re insert it and immediately do the toothpick in the little hole. No joy.

Resetting the box (hold power button on remote) no joy.

It's been doing this since about mid day Saturday. I was watching the England/ France rugby game when it glitched and it's been continuous since then. I disconnected power and went to watch the Dallas Reds playing against Dallas Athletic Rugby Club, ran some errands, came back, Connected power. Same message. 

Was hoping to record Ireland/ Scotland in the morning (going to work right about halftime) but I guess that's not going to happen at this rate. 

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you for your consideration.

Mo

have you tried clearing cache or data for those apps?

Hi Emporium and dishuser. Thank you very much for responding.

I did follow your procedure for resetting it this morning; remove power cord, inert toothpick, connect power cord, hold toothpick for 15 seconds. Same result- error messages.

I did try clearing the cache yesterday but the error messages come so fast, so frequently, that I don't know if I did clear them.

I just got home from work right now and retried the reset, same result.  😩