Constant shut down and restart

Melle

Anyone else having issues with their box shutting down and restarting, over and over, can’t even press anything. I’ve restarted and tried to unplug for a few seconds, but it keeps happening, then it will stop. (Happens at random). I have a xr4500 version 5.0.796, I’ve had nothing but problems since switching to buzz5, any help on to why the shutdowns and start ups keep happening?

• Like 1

Have you tried to do a factory reset, just in case something is latched ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l1x3KJl_jE

Does it actually tell you "shutting down" as if you powered it off using the remote, or does it seem like power is removed and then comes back on ?

I'm assuming the box is not overheating ?  ie: it does have some clearance on top to keep a little air flowing over the top ?

It’s sitting on the shelf so no overheating. It doesn’t say shutting down, just goes back to the buzz5 screen, then gives the box that pops up, app stopped, close app are the 2 options, no matter what you choose, I just restarts again. Y’all I guess I’ll have to hard reset (sad didn’t want to lose my setting but that’s life).

• 3 months later...

Having that issue right now, my dad has one and I did a hard reset and it worked but now 2 weeks later doing the same thing, starting to think something is actually wrong with the system, I have a Unipro and it’s worked perfectly for years, the Buzz TV has been a problem from the start!!! 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:22 AM, Ross08 said:

Having that issue right now, my dad has one and I did a hard reset and it worked but now 2 weeks later doing the same thing, starting to think something is actually wrong with the system, I have a Unipro and it’s worked perfectly for years, the Buzz TV has been a problem from the start!!! 

try different outlet or different power supply if available. 

• Like 1

please climb out of the deep end.  no i did not.  i think it was on topic.  i did not figure they would look in my section or see mine, and i thought the information would possibly add to his data in finding his solution as well.   its not your thread  and i dont see admin next to your tag.,   are you always so rude to the new people? 

Edited by roadrunnericu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even though the issue is the same the reasons might be different Discussion of one receiver model should stay in that receiver forum 

It's too difficult to help multiple people in one thread which is why hijacking is frowned upon 

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 2