NO Update Received

Light House

6 hours ago, Light House said:

Sent an email on Thursday and Friday. No response. 

They are not sitting around waiting for your email.  It goes in a queue and gets processed, depending on the department it is destined for.

Don't expect replies the same day or next.  These are not life critical devices 🙂

I bought a $50 android streaming box that lasted me over 5 years with zero problems. This is my 3rd buzztv box with one purchased directly from buzz that was a piece of crap. Another bought from 3rd party, same thing, junk and 3 times you're out with this paper weight. And now, with sarcasm from your community nazis'  I'll look elsewhere. Too many options out there. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Light House said:

The pope died but I don't think he made you in charge. Get a life dude. 

hes just trying to help you. I have a quite few buzz products in my house, family houses, and in commmunity and they all work great. zero defective product ever received or complaints. 🙂

4 hours ago, Light House said:

The pope died but I don't think he made you in charge. Get a life dude. 

Maybe you should get a life dude. It's just a TV streaming box.

It's entitled people like you that think that as soon as they have a problem everyone will drop everything to help them, and just them.  

I just made a factual statement, and did not insult anyone.  Just pointing out that you have no patience, and you can wait a few days for a reply.

Like Ryu mentioned, many of us here have quite a few buzz boxes, and hence we try to help others from the experience we have.

Here is a small glimpse into the number of boxes some of us have (and some multiples of each).  Others have even more.

spacer.png

Never had a problem with a single box.   If you find something else better, then knock yourself out.  If you didn't like the first 2 boxes, then why did you try a third time ?  There is obviously something pulling you back to these boxes that other boxes lack.

And in regards to one of your previous comments "Wi-Fi and it was faster than my ethernet with the Cat 6 cable.  Now that makes zero sense to me." It does make sense.  The Ethernet port on the box you have is not a GbE, it is only 100mbps.  And as I had mentioned in another thread, even though the network port is a 10/100, it does not mean that it can reach it's full potential.  All of these connections to the outside world, need to connect to the CPU, and it all depends on what communication lanes they are using or sharing with other devices.  The I/O on the AMlogic Gen2 chips (the S905X2 CPU used on this box) was not stellar (this was the biggest issue).  IF I recall everything shared a single PCIe lane.  The 5Ghz band WiFi on most of the S905X2 based boxes (not only Buzz), was the only way to achieve around 90+Mbps.  Probably due to the way it was connected internally.   On the driver point of view, you are at the mercy of amlogic.  And much of it's SDK was in binary blobs only, so you don't have the sources to all of it.  Making it very difficult to modify built in features like ethernet drivers.  

• Like 4