The Classic

Ryu

11 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Instead of asking, why not just try it yourself with a test recording ?

When it powers up to record it goes to the home screen and stays there.  It does not even launch the liveTV app in order to record.  So once it finishes recording, there is nothing else streaming.

And if you are worried of it streaming when you are not there, you can also set the option in the LiveTV app to exit after a certain period of not remote activity.  I have mine set to 2hrs, so if I fall asleep while watching TV, after 2 hrs, it will exit to main screen anyhow and stop streaming.

I will test this right now on my U5 and report back.

After setting a program to record at a future time I will return to the home screen and turn the box off.

I know it will wake and record the program but I think after the program records it will remain on the same channel playing and not return to the home screen.

On the 5 series boxes (like your U5), it goes back to main menu even when you come out of standby (if you have it set to go into standby, instead of poweroff).  

On the 4000 series boxes, if you go into standby, it will resume wherever you were before going into standby.

You say "wake and record the program", but truth is, if it wakes, it goes to main menu and launches the record.  It never launches liveTV.  The recording is done in the background if I recall.  you will see a message come up on the bottom middle of the home screen, but that is it.  It doesn't launch liveTV if it is just a recording.

8 minutes ago, Emporium said:

On the 5 series boxes (like your U5), it goes back to main menu even when you come out of standby (if you have it set to go into standby, instead of poweroff).  

On the 4000 series boxes, if you go into standby, it will resume wherever you were before going into standby.

You say "wake and record the program", but truth is, if it wakes, it goes to main menu and launches the record.  It never launches liveTV.  The recording is done in the background if I recall.  you will see a message come up on the bottom middle of the home screen, but that is it.  It doesn't launch liveTV if it is just a recording.

home page not main menu

main menu is in live tv

• Like 1

Ok guys you are correct.

When I set a program to record then went back to the home screen and shut down.

It woke up, recorded the program, after recording the program it went back to the home screen.

How I am doing another test.

Setting a recording up, then going to live tv then shutting down, I know it will wakeup and record the program I have scheduled to record but after recording I want to see if it goes to the live channel I was watching before shutting down or if it will return to the home screen after the recording.

I will let you know what I find out, I am hoping it returns to the home screen after recording.

1 hour ago, sea157 said:
4 minutes ago, sea157 said:

Emporium, dishuser you guys are correct!

After recording a scheduled recording the box will not shut down but it does go back to the home screen and no bandwidth is used after the recording is recorded (at least that is what it does on the U5 box).

This is GREAT!!

why would I lie?lol

• Like 2

I tried to multi-quote a post and it said "sorry, not found"  and when I try to quote a post it just brings me to the top of the page.  Whoever the mod is here you  might want to look at  the user permissions.

Anyway, on formatting your micro SD card, you should use Exfat.  Why? Interchangeability between mac and pc for one, but more importantly, better memory management . NTFS is better suited for hard drives. Of course, either will work. 

Also,i tried a 256 GB microsd card and it was recognized fine.  

15 minutes ago, What2be said:

I tried to multi-quote a post and it said "sorry, not found"  and when I try to quote a post it just brings me to the top of the page.  Whoever the mod is here you  might want to look at  the user permissions.

Anyway, on formatting your micro SD card, you should use Exfat.  Why? Interchangeability between mac and pc for one, but more importantly, better memory management . NTFS is better suited for hard drives. Of course, either will work. 

change theme at the bottom

35 minutes ago, What2be said:

I am also on a 256 GB microSD card exfat and working great.