Buffing Issue

Which vidstick did you have previously ?  The original vidstick ST4000 ?

If so, what made you think this Vidstick Max would be any better in performance ?  They have the exact same CPU, wifi, BT, etc..  Only difference is double the RAM (which for IPTV use only, it makes no difference), and 128GB of onboard storage (which does nothing for performance).

What WiFi router do you have ?   You do need good, solid WiFi for he vidstick.

If you already had a Vidstick, I would have probably for the the HD5 if you wanted something on the smaller side.  Better CPU and at least has an integrated ethernet port, and running AndroidTV 11.  OR, if you don't mind going to an IR remote, I'd go with the E5.  Same CPU as the higher end X5, AndroidTV 11, Ethernet onboard and Wifi.  The E5 in my opinion is probably the best budget box in a long time.  And with the buzz store coupons they have sometimes, it can probably be had for same or even cheaper than the vidstick max from most sources.  And if later you decide you wanted to escape the IR remote, you could always just get an ARQ 200 series remote.  Anyhow, just my opinion.