XRS 4500 internet connectivity issue

When I first got this box 2 weeks ago, everything was fine and I was connected via ethernet. Then all of a sudden one day the ethernet stopped working even though the cable was still connected. I switched to wifi and it was fine, then the wifi started disconnecting randomly. I would have to go to settings every-time and reconnect. Anyone know a solution? 

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem worked fine for about 10 days wired but today said it was connected when it wasn't switched to wifi and works fine.I have 3 devices that use a wired connection but only the xrs4500 is having this problem.

I was about to open a thread about this ,with mine the same I used to be connected on 5Ghz wifi for almost a year but now seams like the 5Ghz is something wrong is like is not there it shows "couldn't connect" I did refreshing all the network (router and modem) but nothing it can't connect to the 5ghz 😔, most of my devices are connected to the 5ghz in the house because the speed ,now I have to stay on the 2.4ghz where my connection with the buzztv is so low (from 500mbps I barely get 50-60mbps)when on 5Ghz I was getting 300mbps 😔 ,so @allaboutbuzz it will be a patch for that?

Edited by Nelutz

On 3/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, Nelutz said:

I was about to open a thread about this ,with mine the same I used to be connected on 5Ghz wifi for almost a year but now seams like the 5Ghz is something wrong is like is not there it shows "couldn't connect" I did refreshing all the network (router and modem) but nothing it can't connect to the 5ghz 😔, most of my devices are connected to the 5ghz in the house because the speed ,now I have to stay on the 2.4ghz where my connection with the buzztv is so low (from 500mbps I barely get 50-60mbps)when on 5Ghz I was getting 300mbps 😔 ,so @allaboutbuzz it will be a patch for that?

As NBS points out

This might be a hardware issue. As 5ghz doesn't just all of sudden stop working due to a software issue/require a patch. 

On 3/14/2021 at 9:33 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

As NBS points out

This might be a hardware issue. As 5ghz doesn't just all of sudden stop working due to a software issue/require a patch. 

Oka ,I don't know if is still in warranty ,I remember I got it on the lunch day 😔 ,when I got a free t-shirt 🙂👍 , funny is that I have a xrs4000 and is working flawless on the 5ghz no issues at all 😔.

Edited by Nelutz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Is that a Bell HomeHub ?  If you absolutely want to connect  to 5Ghz, I suggest you disable the built in band steering on those stupid integrated router/modems provided by Bell.  Under WiFi, in Advance settings, you probably have some options to to allow you to split them and to rename the 5Ghz band (add a "-5" or something to it to distinguish it from the 2.4).  Actually many IoT devices need this option done, but for the opposite reason (since they need 2.4Ghz, but they can't see it sometimes with band steering enabled).

Doing this, you can ensure you are connecting to the 5Ghz band, without allowing the dumb modem/router to make the decision.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TENSER007 said:

Because its on 2 different walls, and i can't run a cable cause i have little kids.

then maybe something in the wall is interfering with signal

and you could always try a powerline adapter if Emporium's solution doesn't work

also I have pets so my ethernet is at ceiling height with a trim piece hiding it 😉

learned that the hard way...lol

Edited by dishuser