Delayed audio

10 hours ago, nbs. said:

I would consider doing a factory set 

I did the factory reset..... 

preset a recording to record one hour as I went to bed....

made sure the player was set to default 

woke up....it did the recording....no audio delays in the first 7 mins then it got progressively worse that by the time the recording stopped the audio delay was about 30 seconds

and btw.......the player bounced back to secondary (for recording)....live tv was still on default 

im giving up on the pvr feature....I’m stuck with a dud

I am experiencing the exact same audio delay issue when playing back recordings within the Buzztv app.  Interestingly, there is one channel that I came across where the recording audio is fine.  Any other channel I test with has delay.  Now, if I watch the recording using VLC the audio for ALL my recordings is perfectly in sync.  This leads me to suspect the issue is with BuzzTV’s built in playback feature. 

3 hours ago, Nomorecable said:

woke up....it did the recording....no audio delays in the first 7 mins then it got progressively worse that by the time the recording stopped the audio delay was about 30 seconds

and btw.......the player bounced back to secondary (for recording)....live tv was still on default 

You have one more step you can try and that's a pin reset

3 minutes ago, Carlitoboy said:

I am experiencing the exact same audio delay issue when playing back recordings within the Buzztv app.  Interestingly, there is one channel that I came across where the recording audio is fine.  Any other channel I test with has delay.  Now, if I watch the recording using VLC the audio for ALL my recordings is perfectly in sync.  This leads me to suspect the issue is with BuzzTV’s built in playback feature. 

If that was the case no one could record without issues 

More likely a buzz/server issue

3 hours ago, Nomorecable said:

The Default Player is used to do recordings

So if you have it set to Secondary Player and have a recording set

It will automatically switch to Default to do that recording and then switch back to Secondary afterwards

It is all automatic.

5 minutes ago, Carlitoboy said:

Will take a look at this.

Thanks for the information

34 minutes ago, Carlitoboy said:

I will try that with my next recording....thx

33 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

It will automatically switch to Default to do that recording and then switch back to Secondary afterwards

It is all automatic.

I have it set to default before recording starts....

when I playback recording it has jumped to secondary 

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

It is all automatic.

I just did a recording.....it shows under recordings in the pvr menu....I click on it to play and there’s nothing there.

I also used the vlc app....it also detects nothing

i didn’t nothing different but somehow I’m back at square one....

nothing but issues with this box      😞

On 2/5/2021 at 8:49 AM, allaboutbuzz said:

Will take a look at this.

Thanks for the information

I notice the same thing,  if I watch the recording using VLC, then the audio is in sync. When playing back recordings within the Buzztv app the sound is out of sync.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm yet another newbie here, been using xrs4500 only for about a month. 

I've been having the same issue with audio out-of-sync, so have read this thread with great interest, and picked up some tips -- thank you everyone. Wanted to share my experience too.

1st, I've seen the audio delay issue on LiveTV and VOD too, not just with recordings. I even witnessed once how it happened on LiveTV. The video stream kinda looped back for about a second or two, and the audio became out-of-sync. I don't recall if audio was ahead or delayed. Switched to another channel, switched back to the 1st one -- the audio was back in sync. And, most of my recordings get out of sync too, by a few seconds. Never tried playing them with VLC or MX, will do next time.

2nd, unfortunately, I must attest that the PVR functionality is still flaky (although this topic probably should be in a different thread...). After a bunch of experiments, I've figured out two more less reliable ways to record: 1) Turn the channel full screen, then REC on the remote and schedule the end time, and 2) channel full screen -> manual scheduling start and stop. I initially tried recording without full-screen, just the thumbnail in Home screen, didn't work, oddly. Creates a recording with a null file, that's probably what the original poster of this thread has experienced.

But there's one thing that drives me a little mad -- the recording sometimes stops mid-way. Mind you, some of my recordings would be rather large, like sports tournaments lasting several hours, but still... Schedule in the evening to record an event in Aus, open the next day, only to find out it stopped midway. Enough room on the drive, that's not an issue. No idea what might be the problem, but my suspicion is that the recording breaks if the stream interrupts for a second, or smth like that. If that's the case, would be nice if the recorder was able to recover and continue.

Anyway, that's my experience to-date. Thx

I did change it from secondary to default at some point, but it didn't help. BTW, as allaboutbuzz pointed out the recorder switches to default automatically anyway, just to make the recording.

The problem is, sometimes the recording stops midway, other times it goes all the way through, and I'm not seeing any rhyme or reason why.

Maybe I'll do some clean experiments in the next few days, with different players. Will keep everyone posted.

• 10 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, Mopanni said:

I have buzztv 4000 and recordings audio way out of sync, 5 sec delay.

Where do I find option to change mx or vlc?

Just have VLC search for Videos on the storage device you have recordings saved to.

Depending on how many you have, it could take a few minutes to sync it.