Delayed audio

I have the xrs4500....I’ve been told by BuzzTV technician to record a program .....to download to an external hard drive (when I record directly to the box it does not work). 

when I playback the recording from the external hard drive ....there is an audio delay by about 7 seconds. Very frustrating....

how can I fix this delay? 

thank you

2 hours ago, Nomorecable said:

I have the xrs4500....I’ve been told by BuzzTV technician to record a program .....to download to an external hard drive (when I record directly to the box it does not work). 

when I playback the recording from the external hard drive ....there is an audio delay by about 7 seconds. Very frustrating....

how can I fix this delay? 

thank you

If you playback the same recording using an external player like VLC or MX player do you get the same issue?

Or if you take the Hard Drive and connect to a computer and try to play it from there, do you get the same issue?

If so for either, then there was an issue with the stream when it was recorded.

16 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Or if you take the Hard Drive and connect to a computer and try to play it from there, do you get the same issue?

I take the external hard drive and when I plug into my computer there’s nothing there but according to my BuzzTV it says it recording....it’s listed under my recordings when completed but when I play it nothing is there

6 minutes ago, Nomorecable said:

I take the external hard drive and when I plug into my computer there’s nothing there but according to my BuzzTV it says it recording....it’s listed under my recordings when completed but when I play it nothing is there

Did you check the folders inside your Hard Drive

It saves to 
Android/Media/buzzxr4000tv/recordings

1 hour ago, Nomorecable said:

I’m recording a show using the BuzzTV xrs4500. I’m a newbie at this...don’t know what you mean by PLAYER.

There are media players under menu configuration player

Are you doing scheduled recording or recording from guide?

Edited by nbs.

2 hours ago, nbs. said:

You are leaving the buzz unit on?

Did you find where the media players were?

Yes I leave it on.....

I was able to find media players on the App Store but I was told when I playback the recording on any media player it won’t work if the box doesn’t record.

as I mentioned earlier....it shows it recorded but when I playback there is nothing....I also tried to playback on my computer (I used an external hard drive to store) and it also tells me there is nothing

1 minute ago, Nomorecable said:

Yes I leave it on.....

I was able to find media players on the App Store but I was told when I playback the recording on any media player it won’t work if the box doesn’t record.

as I mentioned earlier....it shows it recorded but when I playback there is nothing....I also tried to playback on my computer (I used an external hard drive to store) and it also tells me there is nothing

when watching tv full screen hit the menu on remote.configuration.video player

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nbs. said:

I just did two recordings one on default and one on secondary player 

the default is fine 

the secondary player is out of sync

I tried recording a one hour show as I was watching it. Once it was over I went into pvr and it was listed under recordings and it WORKED when I selected it but there is an audio delay of about two seconds and the recording was done on SECONDARY 

I will try another show later on DEFAULT and see what happens....

but I hate to think I need to record as I watch it live....

6 minutes ago, nbs. said:

you hit ok and check the one you want

Ok...switched to default.....I will record a show soon but I won’t be watching it as it’s recording....so I’ll see if it works and hopefully no audio delay

buffer time was set at 3 seconds....will this affect the audio delay? 

2 hours ago, nbs. said:

never used or changed the buffer  since i got the 4500

So I preset the recording for another show....and I made sure by double checking a few times  it was set to default. The recording worked but the audio is still delayed. ......I don’t get it        😞