**NEW** VidStick and Vidstick+ Firmware + App Update - February 2nd, 2020

9 hours ago, diddutch said:

2/07 here and still no update for my VidStick+  

Was the rollout rolled back or should I expect an update?

If you had read the thread you would know there is an issue with some of the vidstick

If your stick was part of that batch there is a delay

Allaboutbuzz can confirm

I have been trying the update for 3 continuous days, as I had my buzstick in my suitcase for awhile. It is just continuously restarting the DL process and has not completed. I have searched online for stand alone soultions, and uite frankly, I am ready to smash this thing with a hammer!

50 minutes ago, skippaj said:

I have been trying the update for 3 continuous days, as I had my buzstick in my suitcase for awhile. It is just continuously restarting the DL process and has not completed. I have searched online for stand alone soultions, and uite frankly, I am ready to smash this thing with a hammer!

have you sent buzz your serial number?

How long was this firmware beta tested?

it seems quite a few users are stuck in a perpetual boot up loop (ie bricked or stuck at logo screen) or in some cases the 813b firmware fails the “file integrity test”.  

in my case  it’s failed the integrity  test twice on two separate occasions;  moreover, the transfer download speed is extremely slow at 1.3 mb/s.  

could  such a slow transfer rate be a factor?

does this new firmware update address the missing sound splash effects one hears after the buzz logo first appears when rebooted?

40 minutes ago, sdeens said:

How long was this firmware beta tested?

it seems quite a few users are stuck in a perpetual boot up loop (ie bricked or stuck at logo screen) or in some cases the 813b firmware fails the “file integrity test”.  

in my case  it’s failed the integrity  test twice on two separate occasions;  moreover, the transfer download speed is extremely slow at 1.3 mb/s.  

could  such a slow transfer rate be a factor?

does this new firmware update address the missing sound splash effects one hears after the buzz logo first appears when rebooted?

If it doesnt pass the file integrity, then it wont install
it would be because the file failed 1 packet during the download process.

Download speeds vary based on where you're located from the OTA server, our OTA server is in Toronto.

And none of our newer models have sound on the boot up screen, only our XPL 2000, 3000 and 3900 had this.

The stuck on boot logo was resolved with those users and now a new update resolves the users which didn't get an update.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sdeens said:

Why is there no boot up sound like with my 3000?

it made me immediately suspect the stick was malfunctioning or had corrupted firmware.   

can you reactivate it on the next firmware update  please?

Turn system sounds on.

19 minutes ago, sdeens said:

it made me immediately suspect the stick was malfunctioning or had corrupted firmware.   

I'm glad it doesn't make sound as it uses tv volume not buzz volume

On 2/8/2021 at 11:35 PM, sdeens said:

We removed it since the 4000s

As we received a lot of complaints about it.

• Like 2