**NEW** VidStick and Vidstick+ Firmware + App Update - February 2nd, 2020

VidStick Firmware Version #20210126
VidStick + Firmware Version #20210128
Update is sent in Stages, all users will receive the update by Feb 7th, 2020

*You will receive a Pop Up Notification for the Update*
*Or you can check for the update manually from the Home Screen. Go to Update, Check for Update*
*PLEASE NOTE YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION FW OR BUZZ 4 APP VERSION*

Firmware Changes:

- Fixed a bug on Media Player Launcher Weather Widget, switching to Celsius after a reboot when Fahrenheit was set in Buzz Utilities
- Fixed some bugs on Classic + Media Player Launchers
- Fixed a Power ON/OFF Bug
- Added a Bluetooth ON/OFF Feature to Remote and Accessories Menu
- Added a New Media Player 2 Launcher in Buzz Utilities.
- Added Support for New Version of ARQ 100 USB Remote with new buttons layout
- Optimized RAM for better performance.
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020
*Fixed a crash bug where Launcher has Stopped Crash would happen*
- Fixed some issues with Remote Control when using Bluetooth.

Buzz TV 4 Changes
New Version 4.0.496:

- Fixed a bug with some VOD + TV Series categories not loading properly
- Fixed Scheduled Recording bugs
- Fixed Playback issues with Recordings
- Fixed Recording Bugs
- Fixed a bug when opening Grid EPG and channel would stop playing
- Fixed a bug with some servers missing TV Series categories
- Fixed some crash bugs
- Fixed a bug with some servers not loading or logging in properly
- Fixed a crash bug when deleting a server in server settings
- Fixed a crash bug when clearing EPG Data
- Fixed a bug with Resume Feature on VOD + TV Series
- Fixed a bug with Secondary Player freezing on picture with audio continuing
- Updated Channel List scrolling to be faster + smoother
- Updated Channel List scrolling to update page #s while scrolling fast
- Updated Channel List scrolling to be centered when scrolling
- Changed Server Line name to MAC Server
- Changed Streaming Line name to XC API Login
- Only Server ID # appears in top right of Server Settings now
- Updated Secondary Player to a New Version
- Improved channel changing/zapping speeds on Secondary Player

allaboutbuzz,

I selected the manual download method to access the new VidStick+ FW/Software update.  The file download went well, the VidSrick+device rebooted and installed the update without any problems.  But after the install I have just the BussTV Logo centered on my TV screen.  The VidStick+ is not responding to any of the keys on the BT-100 remote using the IR sensor at distance of 3 inches from the remote.  It looks like the only option I have is to try a hard reset of the VidStick+.  Are the instructions to preform a hard reset on the VidStick+ the same as shown in your VidStick ST 4000 hard reset youtube video (BuzzTV Global channel)?

• Sad 1

I watch the hard reset video and tried the hard reset steps three times (waiting each time more than 15 seconds); but still no change I have only the BuzzTV Logo on my TV screen.  Again no response from the VidStick+ to any of the keys on the BT-100 remote. 

1 minute ago, Doug said:

I watch the hard reset video and tried the hard reset steps three times (waiting each time more than 15 seconds); but still no change I have only the BuzzTV Logo on my TV screen.  Again no response from the VidStick+ to any of the keys on the BT-100 remote. 

If you're using a thumbtack or toothpick
You should feel a button click as you're pressing it

If you don't, then you're not pushing in the reset button properly.

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

I did feel the click each time I attempted to perform the hard reset, and then plugged in the power to VidStick+.  No change just tthe BUZZTV Logo.

Am trying same here

And within 20 seconds of holding the reset button am taken to the Recovery Screen. 

Can you PM me your Serial # please. 

10 minutes ago, sdeens said:

What’s the latest feedback on how this new ST 4000 OTA firmware is rolling out?

how long typically  after the 800 mb firmware download does it take to “ checking file integrity, please wait....”?

a few users have got stuck at file integrity Just start again

I did a soft reboot (unplugged USB power) and it boots up fine, so apparently it never passed the “file integrity test”

imo it may be advisable NOT  to install it, until we read  more success stories, because this is definitely not smoothly upgrading.  

it’s bricked  some units and it’s not passing file integrity tests, that’s two big strikes against it.

im not touching it 

21 minutes ago, sdeens said:

I did a soft reboot (unplugged USB power) and it boots up fine, so apparently it never passed the “file integrity test”

imo it may be advisable NOT  to install it, until we read  more success stories, because this is definitely not smoothly upgrading.  

it’s bricked  some units and it’s not passing file integrity tests, that’s two big strikes against it.

im not touching it 

Just because it gets stuck there does not mean it's not passing the integrity test...lol

It took one user 5 times and his is working fine 

Edited by nbs.

39 minutes ago, sdeens said:

im not touching it 

if they were bricked why is it recoverable?

you make no sense

8 hours ago, Doug said:

I did feel the click each time I attempted to perform the hard reset, and then plugged in the power to VidStick+.  No change just tthe BUZZTV Logo.

I’m having the same exact problem. I did the update. It went through the entire process, then upon reboot it’s just stuck on the Buzztv logo. Did the soft and hard reset like 10x each. Nope the logo still staring at me 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, sdeens said:

im not touching it 

Not passing File Integrity only means something didn't fully download fully during the download process

It's just a built in check at the end of the Firmware downloading process. 

If it doesn't pass this check, it won't reboot to install anything

Its your choice still to take the update or nlt though.