flashing screen

• 2 weeks later...

No he’s right,  its also causing this same flashing on my Samsung and changing cables or HDMI ports does not help.

the issue only occurs when you unplug power to both the USB and Samsung TV and after 15-20 minutes it stops flashing and returns to normal (ie no flashing)

i suspect this is only an issue with certain Samsung plasma TVs and it involves how power is managed at hdmi port

12 minutes ago, sdeens said:

No he’s right,  its also causing this same flashing on my Samsung and changing cables or HDMI ports does not help.

the issue only occurs when you unplug power to both the USB and Samsung TV and after 15-20 minutes it stops flashing and returns to normal (ie no flashing)

i suspect this is only an issue with certain Samsung plasma TVs and it involves how power is managed at hdmi port

Could also be if you're using the TVs USB port to power the stick
As most TVs only have 500mah to 1000mah for power output, when the stick needs 2000mah for power

So its best to always use the power supply that comes with the stick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdeens said:

OP never mentioned plasma

No I only use external USB, and I already knew about the low power supply on TV’s USB ports which is obviously why it’s recommended not to use it. 

plasma or LCD is irrelevant, but there is definitely an issue with both our Samsung’s causing flashing green or blinking screen during initial boot up when USB  power is electrically unplugged.

as mentioned it always happens when USB power is unplugged and changing HDMI ports or cables no difference.  It settles down after a few minutes, but sometimes can take longer like 15 minutes.  But it ALWAYS  happens.

might be an issue that can be resolved with new stick firmware, but we both have identical issues and both our TVs are Samsung, which is probably not a coincidence.