XR4500 - Kicking out to home screen

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and know why it would occur.

I setup a XR4500 two days ago for a friend and it worked perfectly. I added live tv and played around for a few hours..I brought it to their house the next day and showed them how to use it (i was there 30 mins max) and there were no issues..I left and that same day she was constantly getting kicked out to the home screen after watching LiveTv.

Is there a reason it would work for me at my house when I used it for the 3 hours I had it on watching the same server versus her house constantly kicking her out to the home screen? It seems it just is the LIVETV and VOD from talking to her..the only difference is we have different ISP providers so is this an issue?

13 minutes ago, Justkodia said:

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and know why it would occur.

I setup a XR4500 two days ago for a friend and it worked perfectly. I added live tv and played around for a few hours..I brought it to their house the next day and showed them how to use it (i was there 30 mins max) and there were no issues..I left and that same day she was constantly getting kicked out to the home screen after watching LiveTv.

Is there a reason it would work for me at my house when I used it for the 3 hours I had it on watching the same server versus her house constantly kicking her out to the home screen? It seems it just is the LIVETV and VOD from talking to her..the only difference is we have different ISP providers so is this an issue?

strange one

maybe try another hdmi cable?

2 hours ago, nbs. said:

strange one

maybe try another hdmi cable?

Yeah, there were some other issues that changing the hdmi fixed but it still kicks her out ...when I say home screen I mean the buzz home screen.

I havent had a chance to see if there are any other issues like a stop responding message or popup.

I spoke to the user today over the phone and had remote control over the box.

The box does not kick them out to the home screen it actually completely restarts the entire box.

This happened 3 times while I was on the phone and we turned off bluetooth incase there was some strange interference causing the box to restart. It then occured more frequently without bluetooth.  I had the user switch it to a different television in the house and it happened again sometimes as a restart loop with it restarting a few times before actually getting to the buzz home screen. 

I am picking up the box tomorrow and will do a hard reset...just strange as I had this box working for hours at my house with no issues. So obviously something happened from it going from my house to another house.

Is there a logger app I can look at to see what events happened that caused the restarts?

28 minutes ago, Justkodia said:

I spoke to the user today over the phone and had remote control over the box.

The box does not kick them out to the home screen it actually completely restarts the entire box.

This happened 3 times while I was on the phone and we turned off bluetooth incase there was some strange interference causing the box to restart. It then occured more frequently without bluetooth.  I had the user switch it to a different television in the house and it happened again sometimes as a restart loop with it restarting a few times before actually getting to the buzz home screen. 

I am picking up the box tomorrow and will do a hard reset...just strange as I had this box working for hours at my house with no issues. So obviously something happened from it going from my house to another house.

Is there a logger app I can look at to see what events happened that caused the restarts?

only one that can look at your logs is allaboutbuzz

Edited by nbs.

I have the box with me and in the last 2 hours not one restart. I haven't done a hard reset but wonder what would be causing the issue at the clients house. 

The only difference is the physical outlet and the wifi connection/isp. Would there be something with the wifi that would cause the box to restart on its own? I have heard of older android phones having that happen.

30 minutes ago, Justkodia said:

I have the box with me and in the last 2 hours not one restart. I haven't done a hard reset but wonder what would be causing the issue at the clients house. 

The only difference is the physical outlet and the wifi connection/isp. Would there be something with the wifi that would cause the box to restart on its own? I have heard of older android phones having that happen.

Are you using the same power supply that they were using??

1 minute ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Are you using the same power supply that they were using??

Yes, same power supply and HDMI from the box. My first thought was they used another power supply and messed up the box so I made sure they used the one supplied.

I just sent in a support email with all the info from the box maybe there is a way to figure it out..if not ill do a hard reset bring it back to the client and physically go to set it up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 12:02 AM, manjak927 said:

similar problem with my box. constantly restarts. any solution? i tried factory reset, change of HDMI but nothing works. 

For the box I had with the restart issues it was discovered that there were conflicts with APKs installed and with the notifications with them.

I turned off notifications on all the installed APKs and it seems to have fixed the issue. 

• Thanks 1

Same with me on my box (4000xrs) but for some reason the box the customer had(4500) kept completely restarting at random times(I had it hooked up at my house for a day and never experienced it) ..I took it back from them did the hard reset and hoped for the best but the day they took it home it restarted again. 

The only other change I did after was turn off all notifications on all the apks installed and it has not restarted since.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:15 AM, Justkodia said:

For the box I had with the restart issues it was discovered that there were conflicts with APKs installed and with the notifications with them.

I turned off notifications on all the installed APKs and it seems to have fixed the issue. 

Thanks. Are there any instructions video that I can follow to turn them off? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 7:18 PM, Justkodia said:

Same with me on my box (4000xrs) but for some reason the box the customer had(4500) kept completely restarting at random times(I had it hooked up at my house for a day and never experienced it) ..I took it back from them did the hard reset and hoped for the best but the day they took it home it restarted again. 

The only other change I did after was turn off all notifications on all the apks installed and it has not restarted since.

I purchased the XR4500 about five weeks ago and it was always restarting.I have tried turning off all of the notifications but I still have the restart issue,any other suggestions would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, sandy said:

I purchased the XR4500 about five weeks ago and it was always restarting.I have tried turning off all of the notifications but I still have the restart issue,any other suggestions would be appreciated.

If you have tried different cables and it's still doing it I would suggest a hard reset