**NEW** Official XRS 4500 Firmware + Buzz 4 App Update - Dec 29th, 2020

1 minute ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Yes, I have not had time to play around with it yet as I have been busy hard resetting boxes for customers. Although its not BUZZ fault users are too lazy/dumb/ignorant whatever to follow a simple video. ROFLMAO 🙂

that's why I never help someone in person

they get lazy and expect help again and again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Well if you tell me what to do to get subtitles working again I can do it. 

I did in a previous post

I'll copy and paste it again

This might be a compatibility issue with the update we did on the version of the Secondary Player that was apart of this OTA for the specific server you're using. 

If you try the Default Player it should work

However if you PM me, am sure I can help fix it for you on the secondary Player. 

I read all posts about the FW update topic and you all say that the update is released since at least 3 days. I try to get it many times a day for the last 3 days and can’t get it. Always the same NO UPDATES FOUND ! Why ?

I am still running FW version V20200624 on my Buzz XRS4500

Guys it is me but i have lost the CC option on the buzztv app??it is there but it shows Disabled?before I had the option to select what ever is available but now the same server nothing is available, I've tried other servers nothing is available , what's going guys? I thinking I will reverse back to the older version ,is possible to go go back to older version?

Ok now I see it 😀,I already msg

@allaboutbuzz about this problem 

Edited by Nelutz
Edit

16 minutes ago, Nelutz said:

Guys it is me but i have lost the CC option on the buzztv app??it is there but it shows Disabled?before I had the option to select what ever is available but now the same server nothing is available, I've tried other servers nothing is available , what's going guys? I thinking I will reverse back to the older version ,is possible to go go back to older version?

Ok now I see it 😀,I already msg

@allaboutbuzz about this problem 

This on Default and Secondary Player?

I think I may have found a bug in the epg code that was not apparent to me prior to the update. Since the update, the epg duplicates the current channel info, and inserts it into the next available time slot. I tried it on every service I have, and it’s the same. 

start on the left side of the epg and pick a show to watch. Now look on the right hand side below the Picture in Picture to upcoming shows. You will see the current show info being displayed at the starting time at the top.  You will then see the same info for the next time slot. 
it’s not showing the right information. 

hope this helps. Jim. 

On 1/2/2021 at 2:12 PM, nbs. said:

Must be something buzz missed with your server. I have option in secondary when the channel has it

Even with the primary player I don't have CC with my server 😌, I hope a updated version of the buzztv app will be released

Is there a way to stop the unit from automatically scanning WIFI? Several users are unable to hard wire their units and when the unit scans for WIFI (after successfully signing on to their router), the signal drops during reload and anything being watched at the time shuts down. 

5 minutes ago, kabbunky said:

Is there a way to stop the unit from automatically scanning WIFI? Several users are unable to hard wire their units and when the unit scans for WIFI (after successfully signing on to their router), the signal drops during reload and anything being watched at the time shuts down. 

turn wifi off

On 1/2/2021 at 7:43 PM, JKA said:

I think I may have found a bug in the epg code that was not apparent to me prior to the update. Since the update, the epg duplicates the current channel info, and inserts it into the next available time slot. I tried it on every service I have, and it’s the same. 

start on the left side of the epg and pick a show to watch. Now look on the right hand side below the Picture in Picture to upcoming shows. You will see the current show info being displayed at the starting time at the top.  You will then see the same info for the next time slot. 
it’s not showing the right information. 

hope this helps. Jim. 

Try clearing EPG in configuration menu 

Do a reboot 

And see if that fixed the issue. 

1 hour ago, kabbunky said:

There is an on/off switch for Wifi scanning in Network settings for Wifi. 

7 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

There is an on/off switch for Wifi scanning in Network settings for Wifi. 

Yes, that turns the WIFI off. We don't want it off. What happens is that while connected it continues to scan and will reload everything temporarily disconnecting and reconnecting the line you are connected to. This briefly drops the signal which in turn drops all streams in progress.