Remote issues for XR4500

Patty62

Periodically does not work to change channels or sound. When it does only allows you three or four channel movements and then does  not seem to work for another 10 minutes. Got this in September 2020 and on third set of energizer batteries.  I have three boxes and one remote works fine and the other 2 experience the issues noted. Is this a common thing?  Can I switch to a generic remote that will work better and consistent?

23 hours ago, Patty62 said:

Periodically does not work to change channels or sound. When it does only allows you three or four channel movements and then does  not seem to work for another 10 minutes. Got this in September 2020 and on third set of energizer batteries.  I have three boxes and one remote works fine and the other 2 experience the issues noted. Is this a common thing?  Can I switch to a generic remote that will work better and consistent?

Have you tried unpairing the remote and just using it as an IR Remote?

The remote that comes with the XR 4500 works as a Bluetooth remote when connected via Bluetooth
But also as an IR Remote when it isn't connected via Bluetooth.

• 2 weeks later...