VidStick Plus Start-Up Problems

BuzzTV Support,

20201212_135943.jpg.31976ae93d38069e6f29e34b7b1fc0c2.jpgI have had my new BuzzTV VidStick Plus for one week, and have encountered two frustrating problems and one unexplained issue.

I have used both the IR sensor cable and the Bluetooth connection methods for my BT-100 remote; but keep having to either unplug & then plug-in the power adapter or wiggle the microUSB connector to get the VidStick to start-up using the remote.  This happens if I use the stand-by method or Power Off method to shut down the VidStick device.  In addition to VidStick start-up issue, I have encounter three total lockups (device would not respond to any key inputs from the remote) of the VidStick.  To work around the lockup condition I had to cycle the power adapter or remove & reinstall the BT-100 batteries.  It’s a real pain not knowing if the VidStick is going to power up each time I want to use it.

The unexplained issue deals with using a USB 3.0 USB Ethernet adapter with the VidStick Plus.  I have a Ugreen 3.0 USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter (model 20256) that I used with my VidStick.  The issue deals with the reported MAC addresses:

Label on back of VidStick reads:  MAC Address – d0:76:79:e0:02:15 (see attached pic)

Wireless connection MAC address reported by BuzzTV 4 software & my Netgear router:  44:01:bb:76:b0:6a

Ethernet connection MAC address reported by my Netgear router:  00:0e:c6:55:f0:bb

Ethernet connection MAC address reported by BuzzTV 4 software:  fe80:7545:dd4:9487:60c0 (see attached pic)

I’m not sure what’s happening with MAC address printed on the VIdStick Plus label as compared to the reported results I encountered using both the wireless and ethernet connections.  The ethernet connection seems work OK; however the internet speed received is much less then my usual 220mb download speed.

I’m looking for answers and really need a permanent fix for my VidStick Plus startup and lock-up problems

Thanking you in advance for time and cooperation with my BuzzTV hardware problems.

Doug

20201212_122907.jpg

Buzz have stated that they only support their usb adapter with drivers so that could be your main issue

the mac addy on stick will match device id in server settings

the new software coming out will be reduced to one id line

Edited by nbs.

I used the Vidstick Plus 99% of time with a wireless internet connection, and I'm still getting the startup problems using the remote in either the IR or Bluetooh connection method.  It's the VidStick start-up problem I need to solve.  I'll see about purchasing the Ethernet adapter that is offered by BuzzTV.

It appears the inability to get the VidStick Plus to wake-up using the remote was addressed in this forum back on June 18th by bad8511.  After reading the replies to that post there are several VidStick owners with the same problem as I am experiencing, but with no real solution being posted.

Does anyone know if the soon to be release BuzzTV 5 software will be available for the VidStick Plus, and will that new software release address this issue along with many other bug fixes?

49 minutes ago, Doug said:

It appears the inability to get the VidStick Plus to wake-up using the remote was addressed in this forum back on June 18th by bad8511.  After reading the replies to that post there are several VidStick owners with the same problem as I am experiencing, but with no real solution being posted.

Does anyone know if the soon to be release BuzzTV 5 software will be available for the VidStick Plus, and will that new software release address this issue along with many other bug fixes?

This is an issue we plan to address in the next update for the VidStick's

The 4000s update is paused, but will resume this week
Then the 4500s update will roll out, followed by the Vidstick's and E1.

So expect the update soon.

As for your Ethernet Adapter issue, it is advised to use the one being sold for Buzz TV
It has already been discussed on this forum though, that you won't get full 1GB speeds over USB as this just isn't possible over USB.

51 minutes ago, Doug said:

And yes the Buzz 5 update is planned for all Buzz models using Buzz 4

So

XR + XRS 4000
XR + XRS 4500
XRS 4500 MAX
E1
VidStick, VidStick+, VidStick MAX
XRS 4900

We have a pending release for approximately February 1st, 2021

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem my remote is stuck most of the time and the remote won't turn my vidstick+ on. I have to keep unplugging  it and plugging  it back in to the power outlet to start  it. It's really frustrating  and am disappointed  in this product . The problem  started when I dud the recent  update.is there a fix to this problem. aobabs..