Remote doesnt work on moving left and right. Takes few clicks

Hhh

Hello,

I have Buzz TV 5 beta on my XRS4500.  All works for most parts but I have seen this issue a lot lately. ( I had noticed this issue before Buzz5 Beta sometimes as well).

When I go into VOD-Search-and try to move the remote left and right to Type up a movie, the remote doesn't respond. For example, if I hit the left arrow, the box is unresponsive, and then I hit left arrow a few more times over the next 20 seconds, and then it finally moves but moves like 3-4 times or even more to the left.  Its almost like the box is unresponsive and all my left arrow requests get queued up, and then execute all at once. A few times I even get the message the box is not responsive, CLOSE APP or WAIT.  I choose CLOSE APP but the same issue persists.

This has started happening a lot lately to the point of it being unusable as I have to wait a minute to just type up a word.

This also happens when I am simply scrolling my favorites list - and I want to move Right on the list and I press the right arrow - nothing happens, and I try multiple times, and then all of a sudden the mouse pointer moves like 20 times to the right.

Is this a known issue with some kind of workaround?  It appears to me that the box is getting unresponsive. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for all the help

Hh.

In addition, I did press the Home button multiple times to close any open apps.

Also went to Settings for Buzz5 and cleared the cache.  Then performed a reboot but this did not help.

Now even on home screen, if I try to use right arrow to get to the Buzz5 box, sometimes the mouse pointer does not move. I wait for 10 seconds or so and then it moves.  So some kind of lag?

I am directly wired internet to the buzz box so no issue with internet speeds as I am able to watch other streaming channels like Netflix on Roku box just fine.

9 minutes ago, Hhh said:

In addition, I did press the Home button multiple times to close any open apps.

Also went to Settings for Buzz5 and cleared the cache.  Then performed a reboot but this did not help.

Now even on home screen, if I try to use right arrow to get to the Buzz5 box, sometimes the mouse pointer does not move. I wait for 10 seconds or so and then it moves.  So some kind of lag?

I am directly wired internet to the buzz box so no issue with internet speeds as I am able to watch other streaming channels like Netflix on Roku box just fine.

Have you adjusted your mouse speed?

This is not related to mouse speed at all.  Note that this is due to unresponsiveness.  The mouse speed is on same default setting for over a year and everything worked well. This issue occured once 6 months ago and went away on it own.  Now its persistent. So its not a matter of mouse being slow or fast AFAIK but I am open to try settings if you insist.

If this was mouse speed related - then I would not see 'No pointer movement' for many clicks, and then 'pointer moving past 20 titles in a second'?

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Hhh