**NEW** XR 4000 Firmware + App Update - Dec 22nd, 2020 **UPDATE RESUMED**

allaboutbuzz

XRS 4000 Firmware Version #20201218
Update is sent in Stages, all users will receive the update by Dec 24th

*You will receive a Pop Up Notification for the Update*
*Or you can check for the update manually from the Home Screen. Go to Update, Check for Update*
*PLEASE NOTE YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION FW OR BUZZ 4 APP VERSION*

Firmware Changes:

- Fixed a bug on Media Player Launcher Weather Widget, switching to Celsius after a reboot when Fahrenheit was set in Buzz Utilities
- Fixed some bugs on Classic + Media Player Launchers
- Fixed a crash for some users getting “Bluetooth has Stopped”.
This will require a 2nd Full Reboot after installing the FW Update.
- Fixed Shutdown Bug. Box will no longer reboot when box is fully shutdown.
- Added a Bluetooth ON/OFF Feature to Remote and Accessories Menu
- Added a New Media Player 2 Launcher in Buzz Utilities.
- Added Support for New Version of ARQ 100 USB Remote with new buttons layout
- Optimized RAM for better performance.
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020
*Fixed a crash bug where Launcher has Stopped Crash would happen*

Buzz TV 4 Changes
New Version 4.0.494:

- Fixed a bug with some VOD + TV Series categories not loading properly
- Fixed Scheduled Recording bugs
- Fixed Playback issues with Recordings
- Fixed Recording Bugs
- Fixed a bug when opening Grid EPG and channel would stop playing
- Fixed a bug with some servers missing TV Series categories
- Fixed some crash bugs
- Fixed a bug with some servers not loading or logging in properly
- Fixed a crash bug when deleting a server in server settings
- Fixed a crash bug when clearing EPG Data
- Fixed a bug with Resume Feature on VOD + TV Series
- Fixed a bug with Secondary Player freezing on picture with audio continuing
- Updated Channel List scrolling to be faster + smoother
- Updated Channel List scrolling to update page #s while scrolling fast
- Updated Channel List scrolling to be centered when scrolling
- Changed Server Line name to MAC Server
- Changed Streaming Line name to XC API Login
- Only Server ID # appears in top right of Server Settings now
- Updated Secondary Player to a New Version
- Improved channel changing/zapping speeds on Secondary Player
*Fixed Organized Categories bug that was reported on 4.0.493*

Have a client with xr4000 with buzztv launcher keeps stopping. Live tv is accessable aswell as vod and tv series by pressing menu button but cannot get past the launcher stopping when home button is pressed. Tried the method for xrs but when hitting back button 3x it keeps going to the last live tv channel it was on. Is there another way besides a hard reset?

On 12/12/2020 at 8:50 PM, dishuser said:

the one from amazon probably wasn't working properly unless it was old stock

the one from the 3900 should be fine as is

Reset your USB pairing with that remote and try (check in "remote" section for how to reset or repairing  ARQ-100)

• allaboutbuzz changed the title to **NEW** XR 4000 Firmware + App Update - Dec 22nd, 2020 **UPDATE RESUMED**

Gentlemen:  I have a serious problem with my XRS4000 TV box since yesterdays update. 

Prior to the update, my TV box worked perfectly, now, I get constant buffering and freezing to the point of not wanting to watch any live TV or VOD.  When I talk about buffering, I mean every 30 to 60 seconds, I'm unable to watch anything.  And prior to this, I had no freezing or buffering.

Does anybody have a solution for me me to get back the box that I had because now my box is garbage.

11 hours ago, Nes said:

Gentlemen:  I have a serious problem with my XRS4000 TV box since yesterdays update. 

Prior to the update, my TV box worked perfectly, now, I get constant buffering and freezing to the point of not wanting to watch any live TV or VOD.  When I talk about buffering, I mean every 30 to 60 seconds, I'm unable to watch anything.  And prior to this, I had no freezing or buffering.

Does anybody have a solution for me me to get back the box that I had because now my box is garbage.

Hold down the power button down scroll down to restart (twice if needed)

I had the same on a box xr 4000

I did the update like anyone else , did 2 restarts , most of the bugs got fixed like @allaboutbuzz list said but .... I have a big problem with Wi-Fi now (I hate wires) I did a lot of restarts and few factory resets but I think the Wi-Fi antena-module got screwed ,I don't get the same signal and speed like before the update (I have 500mbs plan),before I used to get around 140mbs download speed  (on 5Ghz)on the second level of the house now I barely get 20-30mbs🙁😒 (now if I try 2.4ghz is worse) probably that's why @Nes is getting a lot of buffering ,guys you have to release a patch to fix this 🙁😒 (all this test I used speed test.net)

Edited by Nelutz

21 hours ago, Nes said:

You use Wi-Fi or wire connection?

43 minutes ago, Nelutz said:

I did the update like anyone else , did 2 restarts , most of the bugs got fixed like @allaboutbuzz list said but .... I have a big problem with Wi-Fi now (I hate wires) I did a lot of restarts and few factory resets but I think the Wi-Fi antena-module got screwed ,I don't get the same signal and speed like before the update (I have 500mbs plan),before I used to get around 140mbs download speed  (on 5Ghz)on the second level of the house now I barely get 20-30mbs🙁😒 (now if I try 2.4ghz is worse) probably that's why @Nes is getting a lot of buffering ,guys you have to release a patch to fix this 🙁😒 (all this test I used speed test.net)

Right now it's not a confirmed issue except on your box.

4 hours ago, Nelutz said:

Have you tried changing the Access Points on your router settings for 5ghz?

We didn't change anything on this Firmware related to Wifi, and we heavily test all boxes in many different environments before releasing anything. 

If you use a WiFi mesh system in your house, it could just be an access point issue. 

Have noticed the sound will be  distorted at times, going up a channel and back will fix 

allaboutbuzz remember the sound loss it’s like that.. 

other then that great work on this firmware update 

******can be that channel feed !! Others seem fine or it’s once awhile *****

My firmware version is v20201219 which is close enough to 20201218 but the issue is the Bluetooth error message still pops up when the unit is rebooted with the remote and the unit is on wifi. Led light turns a different colour. 
as per release notes this was one of the bugs fixed. On a side note going into the apps sextion then aptoid and back out, the wifi drops for a split second. I am not sure if it has to do with the Bluetooth software bug or a hardware issue.

Factory reset was done but issue persists.

it doesn’t seem to have an issue when it is hardwired. No bluetooth error message.

1 hour ago, Leafs99 said:

My firmware version is v20201219 which is close enough to 20201218 but the issue is the Bluetooth error message still pops up when the unit is rebooted with the remote and the unit is on wifi. Led light turns a different colour. 
as per release notes this was one of the bugs fixed. On a side note going into the apps sextion then aptoid and back out, the wifi drops for a split second. I am not sure if it has to do with the Bluetooth software bug or a hardware issue.

Factory reset was done but issue persists.

it doesn’t seem to have an issue when it is hardwired. No bluetooth error message.

What if you turn Bluetooth off then and still use Wifi?

As this feature was added in this update.