PVR not recording

JS157

We have XRS4500 and it will not record / pvr properly.

We have firmware V20220106, IPTV version 5.0.795. it was last updated January 14, 2023 (yesterday).  

I have rebooted the modem, router and buzz box.

We have 55 GB of storage available

2 problems:

1. it only records 30 minutes of a 2.5 hour program - we confirmed that it was set up to record the full 2.5 hours, but the listing this morning showed that only 30 minutes was recorded but the recording completed 'successfully'.  We have tried using the 'rec' button  on the remote when in the guide and we have tried scheduling a recording from the pvr tool (what a pain that is)

2. tried to access the recording and was told 'recording not found'.

Appreciate your help,

JS

buzz.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't have this issue on my 4500 or my 4900.  On my 4900 I use it to record 1 show weekly (just in case I miss it).  On my 4500 I have a test recording which records 1 channel 3 times a week for 1hr, and they all seem good. My recording go to internal drive on my 4900 and a USB stick on the 4500.

Just curious, in your Configuration menu, on the bottom, do you have the choice to change stream format (ie: HLS/M3U vs TS) ?  If so, try changing stream type.  Could be the stream itself.

All my recordings are not working either. Every day this week my recording time is 00:00:00 

They say REC at the time but when I go to play there is nothing to play.

Recorded fine Friday but my next recording (Monday) has started a string of non recordings

All my recordings are not working either. Every day this week my recording time is 00:00:00 

They say REC at the time but when I go to play there is nothing to play.

Recorded fine Friday but my next recording (Monday) has started a string of non recordings