cant get 1gb speeds from vidstick 4000

I have the vidstick 4000 and the XR-4500 connected to the same tv. I have a 1gb etherent cable coming in and i use ethernet on the xr-4500 and get 1gb speeds (900mbps). 
IF i disconnect ethernet from the XR-4500 and connect it to the vidstick 4000 which has the Ugreen FBA_20256 usb 3.0 ethernet adapter and im getting 125 mbps download speeds, nowhere close to the 900mbps im getting from the XR-4500. Why the big difference in download speeds?

Well, it kind of false publicity that these kind of product are promissing, your ugreen usb adaptor are limited by the transfert speed that the usb 3.0 can thansfert. I can assure you that the transfert speed will never be able to acheave 900mbps over usb. In theory the usb 3.0 are suppose to acheave 640Mbps but that just the theory, in real life test it's really lower than that.

I don't know, i don't have a vidstick and buzz usb adaptor to test, but if you have 5g wifi routeur you could acheave in theory faster speed than 125Mbps, but the wifi are a little less stable, there are many factor that are influence the speed of the wifi, but it worth the try. But if you only want to do some live streaming, even my server with the channel in hd are taking 8-10 Mbps, and recently they have introduce webhd channel that consume around 25-30Mbps, so ever with your 125Mbps, the livetv won't load faster or be more beautifull.

Hope it help

20 hours ago, jeepersmr said:

I get the same 125 mbps down with my 5G wifimy wifi 5g and still no faster than 125 mbps down

Try playing with your Access Point settings on your router then
And try a different one.

I have done this myself as I use 1GBPS internet at home
And had similar issues, till I changed my Access Points on my router for my 5GHz network
Now I get 600-800mbps over 5ghz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepersmr said:

When you say "change the Access point on the router". Do you mean change from the 5.0 ghz to 2.4ghz? Im using the 5.0ghz and when i change to 2.4 its even slower

does it sound like thats what he means?  google is your friend

5 hours ago, jeepersmr said:

When you say "change the Access point on the router". Do you mean change from the 5.0 ghz to 2.4ghz? Im using the 5.0ghz and when i change to 2.4 its even slower

Access Points are what your router broadcasts the WiFi signal in. 

Best to research your router on how to login to it and make changes. 

There are 1000s of routers in the market

So this is something we can't easily help you with. You will need to Google this yourself. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm simply amazed that anyone is getting those type speeds.  The fastest I have seen Is about 300 mbps and I didnt get that until I got the purchased the Actiontec wifi extender from amazon.   So 900 mbps sounds out of this world.  What Cable company do you have or how does one attain those type speeds.  The highest my cable offer is 400.. Thanks 

1 minute ago, Kroach2159 said:

Wow, I'm simply amazed that anyone is getting those type speeds.  The fastest I have seen Is about 300 mbps and I didnt get that until I got the purchased the Actiontec wifi extender from amazon.   So 900 mbps sounds out of this world.  What Cable company do you have or how does one attain those type speeds.  The highest my cable offer is 400.. Thanks 

A few ISPs in Toronto offer  up to 1GB-1.5GB

Its not guaranteed though, so during peak hours it can be 200-400mbps only

But on non Peak Hours am getting 800-900mbps over Wifi on most of my devices
Phone
Laptop
Buzz Box.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 9:14 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Access Points are what your router broadcasts the WiFi signal in. 

Best to research your router on how to login to it and make changes. 

There are 1000s of routers in the market

So this is something we can't easily help you with. You will need to Google this yourself. 

My router is currently in "router mode" is this where I turn it to "AP mode"?