Unable to update X5 firmware and BUZZ TV app

sunnyc

I have X5 128 AI device and currently running V20220729 with IPTV version 5.0.756.  When I click "Check For Update" I get no update.  I searched the forum and could not find a similar post.  Can someone help to update the firmware and buzz tv app please.

3 hours ago, sunnyc said:

I have X5 128 AI device and currently running V20220729 with IPTV version 5.0.756.  When I click "Check For Update" I get no update.  I searched the forum and could not find a similar post.  Can someone help to update the firmware and buzz tv app please.

considering public is at 5.0.755 you're doing good

10 hours ago, dishuser said:

considering public is at 5.0.755 you're doing good

I believe Public is at 775

https://stbtalk.com/index.php?/topic/4776-new-official-x5-firmware-buzz-5-app-update-october-12th-2022/

@sunnycPM your MAC, box model and current firmware to allaboutbuzz, and be can check if something was missed or overlooked and not targeted for your current version.

HE is only back on Monday, so don't expect a reply on the weekend, but he can take care of it.

13 minutes ago, Emporium said:

The June version was an exception (and I had one of the boxes affected).   I don't think there was another.  Anyhow, allaboutbuzz can confirm.  Probably just missed one "source" version to target with any of the newer firmware.

from  memory I think 4 versions were affected

43 minutes ago, sunnyc said:

I found a similar post (

)

with even a older version and the solution was to download 3 files and manually update, after which all upgrades will go well.  I have PM allaboutbuzz and wait for the response.

That is the version I had.  As far as I was aware, that was the only version that was affected (But I guess I may have been wrong).  I had a few microSD cards lying around and I created my own, and the update worked fine.  IT did scare me for a second, since during the update process, there was not sign of life for a while.  Just went red after a little while and stayed there.   Don't interrupt it, be patient and it will eventually come back on.

However, before trying anything with the SD card, wait for Monday to get confirmation from allaboutbuzz.

13 minutes ago, sunnyc said:

where can I download the files needed for the update?

Check out this posting.  Includes Link to the 3 files and a link to a video showing how to do it.

https://stbtalk.com/index.php?/topic/4446-new-official-x5-firmware-buzz-5-app-update-september-22nd-2022/&do=findComment&comment=16422

Be patient when you do it, at some points it may look like it is doing nothing, but let it go.  Can take a few minutes.

• Like 1