Flash Drive not recognized

Harold

1 hour ago, Harold said:

I have the xrs4500. I inserted a flash drive to watch a movie. I went into Foles, etc and cannot find it anywhere to watch. Can anyone help? Appreciated.

c and p from whacked

AppInstaller
This is where we can install apk files onto the Buzz box.
Apk files a way to install an application thru USB device drive. Once installed, the APP can be found in your My APPS menu.
You will need the apk file placed on a FAT32 formatted USB drive.
Always try to have the USB drive inserted into the Buzz box while the Buzz is powered off.
If the drive is not recognized, then use the Power icon on bottom right on main Buzz screen and Reboot.
Then enter AppInstaller again and the USB drive should now be seen.
Appinstaller does only one thing and that is installing an Application (app) from an apk file.

21 hours ago, Harold said:

I have the xrs4500. I inserted a flash drive to watch a movie. I went into Foles, etc and cannot find it anywhere to watch. Can anyone help? Appreciated.

You can also use Video Player apps like Kodi or VLC or MX Player

To play movies from a USB on the box itself.

I personally do this all the time.

I have had instances when USB was not recognized altogether and that fix was from NBS quote...

'Always try to have the USB drive inserted into the Buzz box while the Buzz is powered off.
If the drive is not recognized, then use the Power icon on bottom right on main Buzz screen and Reboot'

Using other media Players as reported too is good way to tell if maybe it was a codecs issue with the Player or something along them lines. However, if same issue persists with other Players, then it could also be disc errors on that USB drive.

Check and Repair that by inserting drive into windows PC or Laptop and right clicking on the drive,  then  Properties > Tools.

Then use the Error Checking option found in Tools.

Let it check and if there are errors it will ask you if you want to Repair.

Agree to Repair it.. this will only take a few seconds.  *This process will not affect any content that happens to be on that drive. It is not like re-formatting, where that process deletes all content on the drive.

'Error Checking' and 'Repair' will leave all your content intact as you had it.

I get errors on my drives often, and the reason why is because my USB ports on my Laptop are faulty and thus causing any drive that is connected to   it  to be infected with errors,  and the errors are not seen till the drive removed from Laptop and is plugged into another device (such as an android device).

When I plug that drive (with errors) into android, it will be shown to be missing the content on the drive. 

Once I repair the drive then back into Android, the content is back 🙂