EPG incorrect for some/most channels

Ryder

I just bought this unit, and am finding that for a lot of the channels, the EPG will say one show is playing, but if I switch to that channel, something else is playing. This happens on multiple channels. What is very odd is that I have the exact same issue (although not as pronounced) on the EPG for my OTA box. The device is upto date (no updates available), and I see no way of setting where the guide is being downloaded from. This is very frustrating, and I am considering returning the device because of this issue along with other limitations I wasn't aware of when purchasing it  - cannot watch one show while recording another, won't record if turned off, freezing (store blames this on my internet, but device is hooked up via ethernet and I have 150Mbps download, theoretically. 

Any advise on this would be appreciated, thank you.