EPG....... LOADING

Hi All, 

Had this buzz stick for a couple of months now and have to say I have a love / hate relationship with the Buzz 4 element of it. 

Major frustration for me is the EPG never loads up fully and as I scroll through EPG loading always appear against the channels out of view and takes 3 to 4 seconds to populate. 

I've selected fast loading EPG and this for me makes no difference. 

So my question is can this be fixed or is it just a flaw in this version?

I just find it frustrating as EPG loads without issue on Tivimate, ImPlayer or MyTv Online 2, but with buzz TV it loads a bit at a time. 

1 hour ago, Minimeben said:

Hi All, 

Had this buzz stick for a couple of months now and have to say I have a love / hate relationship with the Buzz 4 element of it. 

Major frustration for me is the EPG never loads up fully and as I scroll through EPG loading always appear against the channels out of view and takes 3 to 4 seconds to populate. 

I've selected fast loading EPG and this for me makes no difference. 

So my question is can this be fixed or is it just a flaw in this version?

I just find it frustrating as EPG loads without issue on Tivimate, ImPlayer or MyTv Online 2, but with buzz TV it loads a bit at a time. 

PM me please

Thanks

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RobG59 said:

Have had my VidStick for about 3 days and can't figure out how to load my IPTV service....

Where on the site can I PM you

Standing by for help.....BTW...love the VidStick

depends how you want to use your iptv. if you are going to use with Mac address then you have to register your Mac address with your iptv provider which starts with 00:1A:79:.... then your provider will give you portal/url. you open up buzz tv app and you add your portal/url under Mac server area.

if you provider gave you portal/url and username and password then you dont worry about Mac address. just open up buzz tv app and and enter your portal/url and username/pasword in XC area.

if you are using as m3u then you open up buzz tv app and enter your m3u info in m3u area.

hope this will help 🙂

but in future try to open up your own thread. 🙂

Edited by Ryu

• 1 month later...

Well after returning my last Vidstick because of this issue, I took the plunge and bought a Vidstick Max in the hope that it being more powerful and nearly a full year passing that the EPG Loading issue would have been resolved, which to my surprise I've found it's exactly the same and EPG only loads as you scroll down. 

I just can't get my head around why it doesn't automatically load like it does on other apps. 

Just glad I got this one for a decent price 

3 minutes ago, nbs. said:

The initial epg loading takes awhile After that I have never had issues.

The problem is though that it doesn't load unless you manually go through all the categories and hover over each channel individually for a couple of seconds. 

I just don't get why this can't be fixed as other apps have full EPG for every channel group within 30 seconds of the app opening

2 hours ago, nbs. said:

Is fast epg on in settings?

Have you emailed buzz with your info?

How many services do you have?

All the same?

I don't have the fast epg option and I've checked to make sure I'm on the latest version which it says I am (4.0.496 last update 26th Jan 21)

Not emailed buzz yet, obviously asked on here 1st

5 x different services and the same on them all as it was on my previous Vidstick. 

I get that once it's populated it stays populated, it's just a pain to have to manually scroll through each channel in each category individually to get the EPG to populate

Edited by Minimeben
Added more detail

4 minutes ago, Minimeben said:

I don't have the fast epg option and I've checked to make sure I'm on the latest version which it says I am (4.0.496 last update 26th Jan 21)

Not emailed buzz yet, obviously asked on here 1st

5 x different services and the same on them all as it was on my previous Vidstick. 

I get that once it's populated it stays populated, it's just a pain to have to manually scroll through each channel in each category individually to get the EPG to populate

Menu configuration scroll to bottom