recording issues

I have tried to do manual recordings with the pvr function but most of them are corrupt or record for a couple of minutes and then stop.I tried internal recording ,usb and SD and the results are the same.this has been tested on two boxes with the same results.both are up to date and were reset. is there an update in the works to repair this problem? I do find the xrs 4500 to be a very good box but the fact that i'm seldom home means I must do a lot of recording. thanks for any input.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, ger482 said:

I have tried to do manual recordings with the pvr function but most of them are corrupt or record for a couple of minutes and then stop.I tried internal recording ,usb and SD and the results are the same.this has been tested on two boxes with the same results.both are up to date and were reset. is there an update in the works to repair this problem? I do find the xrs 4500 to be a very good box but the fact that i'm seldom home means I must do a lot of recording. thanks for any input.

I recently bought the XRS4500 and it's my first time using an IPTV box. I was having the same issues and was getting frustrated. After reading number of articles I realised that the box has only one tuner. Therefore if I set the recording and then watch something else, it doesn't record. However when I set the Manual Recording and didn't change the channel or play with the box, it DID do the recording. I recorded on it's internal memory, haven't tried it with SD or external HDD. Sadly there is no User Guide or Manual to give us all this information. If you know of any place to get one, please post or send me the link. Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, ger482 said:

I have the same problem, is there a solution?

1 hour ago, yanick said:

I have the same problem, is there a solution?

I recently bought the XRS4500 and it's my first time using an IPTV box. I was having the same issues and was getting frustrated. After reading number of articles I realised that the box has only one tuner. Therefore if I set the recording and then watch something else, it doesn't record. However when I set the Manual Recording and didn't change the channel or play with the box, it DID do the recording. I recorded on it's internal memory, haven't tried it with SD or external HDD. Sadly there is no User Guide or Manual to give us all this information. If you know of any place to get one, please post or send me the link. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here. Brand new XRS4500. I select a program on the guide and the select “record”, next thing I do is verify under scheduled recordings and it’s  there with correct date and time. Turn the box off and leave it alone. After the recording is finished I go to  PVR and it shows as recorded i.e. for 1 hour. When I select “Watch” it runs for a few seconds and that’s it. Just in case: I am using wifi and the image on every channel is impecable same as sound with no interruptions at all. What, if anything, am I doing wrong?

• 5 months later...

I'm a newbie too (xrs4500), but I've already figured out that the box has to be streaming the intended channel, full screen, to be able to record it.

I've also learned that recording while playing the channel on Home screen, as a thumbnail, creates a null recording. I.e. the recording shows in the list of recordings, but can't be played back.

I've also made a few full-night recordings, no problem with the file size. Don't remember the exact file size, but it was under 100Gb for sure.

The only issue I'm having is that the recording sometimes would stop by itself. I.e. you setup a recording for 3 hrs length, and it stop somewhere midway or so. Not every time, just sometimes, And I'm not seeing any pattern here.

Does anybody know a fix for this "incomplete recording" issue? Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I guessed too... That doesn't help much, though, cause it's a high order to expect that a stream never interrupts...

Sir Allaboutbuzz, if you read this -- how difficult it would be to implement some kind of "resume recording after stream interruption" mechanism in the future updates?

• 10 months later...

what would be a nice feature if the stream hesitates & pvr would resume recording..whats crazy i have the best possible wifi speed..and some channels still hesitate . I wonder if a Vpn would be better..

its kinda hit or miss with different servers..i have 3 different ones & they all have glitchy channels

BUZZTV XRS4500

wow did my 1st test on pvr worked awesome..im still waiting for my Buzztv 5 update but version 4 is ok...but i know you cant record & watch another channel w/ this version.. also can you shut the box off on the remote with a recording set ? mine didnt record that way...i had to leave the box on and it recorded all the way through

34 minutes ago, Pittro said:

BUZZTV XRS4500

wow did my 1st test on pvr worked awesome..im still waiting for my Buzztv 5 update but version 4 is ok...but i know you cant record & watch another channel w/ this version.. also can you shut the box off on the remote with a recording set ? mine didnt record that way...i had to leave the box on and it recorded all the way through

that's correct

box needs to be on

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, apan said:

Yeah, that's what I guessed too... That doesn't help much, though, cause it's a high order to expect that a stream never interrupts...

Sir Allaboutbuzz, if you read this -- how difficult it would be to implement some kind of "resume recording after stream interruption" mechanism in the future updates?

Its been discussed before and I dont think its possible

4 hours ago, Pittro said:

BUZZTV XRS4500

Buzz 5 on the 4900 and 4500s now allow box to be off, and it will turn on if there is a recording scheduled.

It also supports record + watch another on XC Login if your account has 2+ connections.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, apan said:

The issue with resume a recording once stream fixes itself, is the server creates a new Stream URL once it fixes itself
And we were recording the previous URL

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 7:42 PM, Pittro said:

i cant wait for BUZZTV 5...for those options...also in the future would be nice if you can start from the beginning of a scheduled recording & play it before its finished....someone said that will be in the works

This feature is already apart of Buzz 5
But only works on XC Login with 2+ connection accounts.