Downloader????

I do not see that available as an APK file,  so that means side-loading the app would not be possible.

Google Playstore does have the app thou.

It may or may not be compatible with the Vidstick thou. The info concerning that is a little confusing.

Follow the path to their website to read up on all that.

troypoint.com/downloader

Ohh and I see NBS has been here before me 🙂

Your VidStick does already have an application or two that would probably do most if not all things that the Troypont Downloader would do.

Below is a copy of a guide I created sometime ago, concerning sideloading and other uses  of these apps.

BuzzTV ST4000 - Loading Installing apk/app files

Apps (applications) can be loaded on the VidStick in a few different ways.

-App Store has a shortcut shown on your Home Screen. This App Store is an online Aptoide TV Store free to use with no registration needed.
Upon first opening this Store, you may and probably will get an alert to update to the newest version. This is only an update for this particular Aptoide TV app, so go ahead and accept that update. Now you can explore what's in the Store and available to download with simply a few clicks away (follow onscreen prompts).
This can also be a good place to view the tech info with any particular app.

-Google Play Store has a shortcut shown in the 'All Apps' category. This Store prompts you to sign in using your google account.
Upon first opening this Store, you will see an update start on it's own, let it update.
Once in the Store, explore at your leisure smile.png

Next we will look at the two pre-installed File Managers found on your VidStick. These 2 applications can be used for side-loading an APK file.

File Browser and AppInstaller

I prefer the File Browser as it also has other abilities included. Such as the ability to open any downloaded movies you may have on a device and in turn open a Video Player to watch the movie.
All done from right inside the File Browser, so no need to use other added steps to get the job donesmile.png

An APK file is basically just a carrier of an app (application).
The APK file is what is downloaded and placed onto a USB memory device. The app inside of that apk file, is what is installed on your Android device.

For example, I want to load the Total Comander Manager/Explorer.

Before we carry on , we need to first 'Allow Apps from Unknown Sources'
This can be done thru the VidStick's onboard Android menus.

Home > Settings > Device Preferences > Security & Restrictions > Unknown Sources.

Once you open the Unknown Sources option, you will see the apps currently installed on your VidStick, and these apps shown are the ones that can possibly install stuff on your Stick.
You will see the AppInstaller and the File Browser are listed there and they need to be set to be 'Allowed'. But with this VidStick, the Buzz team has already set those to 'Allowed' , so nothing to see here... lol
I did however want to show that procedure because it is a rarity to see these 'Allowed' as default, but is a nice touch to see added by the Team smile.png

Okay now we need two things...
1. The apk file of the application that you want to side-load (download & install).
2. A USB memory drive device, formatted to FAT32 or xFat

Here's an APK file of a favorite Manager/Explorer application I like to have installed on all my Android boxes...

Total Commander apk for Android
total-commander.en.uptodown.com/android

The ghisler website is their home developer site.
ghisler.com/

Once you get that APK onto your USB memory stick, follow along with the text shown below.

-AppInstaller
This is where we can install apk files onto the Buzz box.
Apk files a way to install an application thru USB device drive. Once installed, the APP can be found in your My APPS menu.
You will need the apk file placed on a FAT32 formatted USB drive.
Always try to have the USB drive inserted into the Buzz box while the Buzz is powered off.
If the drive is not recognized, then use the Power icon on bottom right on main Buzz screen and Reboot.
Then enter AppInstaller again and the USB drive should now be seen.
Appinstaller does only one thing and that is installing an Application (app) from an apk file.

-File Browser
Another apk installer.
If the USB is not seen then again follow above procedure.
On File Browser's main screen you should see..
-Local Disk
-USB drive
Open USB and you will see the contents of the drive.
.txt or any files can be opened and seen onscreen.
.apk files can be installed, just click to install.
This one can be used to open selected video files as well and be instantly played on command right from this File Manager.

Edited by whacked
  • Thanks 2

1.  Bottom line vidstick will not allow any Troypoint apk's to download.

2.  My sandisk usb drive has NO apps on it, they're all on the local disk and I'm unable to move them to the sandisk.  I thought when they loaded they would automatically go to sandisk???  Please explain. 

1 hour ago, Pierre said:

1.  Bottom line vidstick will not allow any Troypoint apk's to download.

2.  My sandisk usb drive has NO apps on it, they're all on the local disk and I'm unable to move them to the sandisk.  I thought when they loaded they would automatically go to sandisk???  Please explain. 

On 8/23/2020 at 1:24 AM, dishuser said:

Did you format your drive with the vidstick?

Which option did you choose?

Are you saying that you put something on the sandisk but it is not showing up when you open the File Manager ?

Is the sandisk showing at all?

That Local Drive showing there will always show there and has nothing to do with the sandisk or any files being transferring .

Its the Local drive on your VidStick.

You need to see the sandisk drive there, along with that Local Drive.

If the sandisk is not showing there and it has been formatted correctly  then it may have surface  errors.

To fix that ... insert sandisk drive into PC or Laptop and right click on the drive, and you will see a context window appear and there is a Properties option there. Open that and then open the tools option and then the Error Checking option.

Let it scan and fix any errors. Then after it completes, then check that the content is still on that drive and then insert into VidStick  and try again

Edited by whacked

I did not purposely put any app's on the sandisk, I thought they would load there automatically like on my firestick.

Yes the sandisk is showing

Yes the local drive is on my vidstick

Yes I see both the local drive and the sandisk

Now with that being said how do you load app's to the sandisk and is it possible to load any  "Troypoint app's ?

load apk files onto USB drive  using your computer.

Download the apk from whatever source and then open your download folder (on PC or Laptop).

Insert USB stick into PC and transfer the file from Download folder to the USB drive.

Then put that into VidStick and open the drive thru that File Manager/Browser and carry on 🙂

These apps must first be in an APK carrier.

If its not an apk file then your Manager will not recognize it.

10 hours ago, Pierre said:

is it possible to load any  "Troypoint app's ?

that Troypoint app is not available as an apk version , so side-loading is not possible.

You must use Playstore as NBS outlined for that app.

But if it does not load, then it is either an in-correct version or is incompatible

don't get mad or anything,  but why are we going through such a trouble looking from "Downloader" on VidStick??? 

This Unit have a Chrome Browser use that to download any apps you want. leave "Downloader" for units that has no root access, no way to install apps like FireStick.

Case Closed.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BigBision said:

don't get mad or anything,  but why are we going through such a trouble looking from "Downloader" on VidStick??? 

This Unit have a Chrome Browser use that to download any apps you want. leave "Downloader" for units that has no root access, no way to install apps like FireStick.

Case Closed.

Issue was resolved already?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1