Problems with waking up or powering on Vidstick

For some reason having issues powering on or waking up vidstick. The ir extender is plugged in. The remote will turn off but cannot turn on vidstick for some reason. Any help is appreciated. 

curious if update had anything to do with it. 

Yea I tried that. Nothing works in terms of waking up or powering on. 

I literally have to unplug and plug in after device turns off.  May have to do with faulty hdmi on the stick. I’ve tried with hdmi connector and just using vidstick hdmi direct to tv. 

You need to push in the reset button (pin hole to the side of IR jack) and then power up while holding it in, until the menu appears on the screen.

I've just been informed that when the BT-100 is paired (via Bluetooth), the IR extender is disabled.  If it is not paired, it functions as an IR remote via the IR extender.  As an IR remote, I was told, it will wake the ST4000. But it cannot be paired for this function to work... I've been told. 

Edited by gmeades

4 hours ago, gmeades said:

You need to push in the reset button (pin hole to the side of IR jack) and then power up while holding it in, until the menu appears on the screen.

I've just been informed that when the BT-100 is paired (via Bluetooth), the IR extender is disabled.  If it is not paired, it functions as an IR remote via the IR extender.  As an IR remote, I was told, it will wake the ST4000. But it cannot be paired for this function to work... I've been told. 

so you don't know