Power button control of both tv and buzz box

stan767

My provider spoke with tech support today and they told him that the bt-400 syncs with the tv properly on the x5 box running os11. There is an app on that box which handles the CEC signals from the tv. This app is not included in os9. So I need to use 2 remotes to operate my tv box.

1 hour ago, stan767 said:

My provider spoke with tech support today and they told him that the bt-400 syncs with the tv properly on the x5 box running os11. There is an app on that box which handles the CEC signals from the tv. This app is not included in os9. So I need to use 2 remotes to operate my tv box.

get the bt-300

For these cases, I prefer the BT200.  No it is not a smart remote, but you can at least learn the POWER/SOURCE/VOL+/VOL- buttons of your TV remote and at least you don't need a second remote.  Yes, you press one button to turn on the TV, and one button to turn on the buzz box, but it works well.

But obviously, this was probably not a choice when the box was purchased, since I think the new boxes come with a BT300.

Edited by Emporium

4 hours ago, dishuser said:

you can press one button to turn both on and off

don't need to use second power button if you don't want to

Ya,  I know.  But I'm a little old school and not crazy about all this "automation" with CEC and stuff.  If I want to turn on my TV, I will hit the button to turn on my TV.  If I want to turn on my Buzz box, I will do so.   With the old buzz boxes, I used to turn the box on first and only turn the TV on about a minute later, since late at night, I did not want to here the boot animation music track, since it was quite loud.   

I still have my StreamPro G1, and have moved it to my Garage TV, since boot audio track was a little much.  I'd live to seen one last OTA update to "just" remove the boot audio track on that (or even an update ZIP file we could apply ourselves if we wanted) 🙂

I have set my main TV to automatically go into suspend mode if no signal for 15 seconds, and auto wake up with signal presence.  Works great.  I just turn on the buzz box, and my TV comes to life 🙂 No "smart" remote really needed.  And I have set the TV volume to default to about 70%, and just use the volume control on the buzz box (ie: turned off the "force max volume" option).  Super simple.

8 hours ago, dishuser said:

bt-200

one power button for both box/tv

dual volume control

one remote it is and batteries are not losing power in tv remote...lol

and 70%?

you must be as deaf as I am blind...lol

LOL.  70% on the TV (so that would be max).  Hey most TVs nowadays have tiny speakers (and no sound bar on in).  After that, I control the volume from the Buzz box variable output).  So I can put the buzz box at 25%, and the volume is reasonable.  Hey if I need, I can always use the secondary volume controls on the BT200 🙂

But hey, deaf ?  I certainly don't have all my hearing, considering the number of rock concerts I had gone to as a kid. But that's not all bad.  I asked an old buddy of mine how he managed to get to 50yrs of marriage, and he gave me an honest answer.  He lost most of his hearing after about 5 years, and after that it was great.  lol.

But once I hit 50, eyesight has gone down also.

Oh well.  Such is life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I just purchase a new x5 with a BT 400 remote. I can turn off the Box and the TV with one click.

My power on the box is set to suspend. Will the buzz tv app record a schedule program in suspend mode or do I need to keep the Box on?

If so, is there a way to keep the box on and turn the tv Off.

Also, if I go to a different program does the buzz tv run in the background.

35 minutes ago, Turboed said:

I just purchase a new x5 with a BT 400 remote. I can turn off the Box and the TV with one click.

My power on the box is set to suspend. Will the buzz tv app record a schedule program in suspend mode or do I need to keep the Box on?

If so, is there a way to keep the box on and turn the tv Off.

Also, if I go to a different program does the buzz tv run in the background.

you can turn the box off and it will wake to record

pvr+

Like already mentioned, will work in both suspend and powered off (box will power on to record anything scheduled).

And in case you eventually want to decouple the TV power and box power (ie: keep box on while turning TV off), you can also just turn off both HDMI CEC options (actual and virtual) on the buzz box (may also need to turn off on TV also).  Then the box will ignore it when the TV is turned off.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sarkar said:

I have cec on both u5 box and Samsung tv 

Now box keeps on rebooting 

Any solution?

no need to open up multiple threads in multiple locations. always open up your thread under proper device/unit.

• 6 months later...