Power off box

Joshuas Gems

46 minutes ago, dishuser said:

strange

I turned my box off last night and it's still off

not sure why you're using suspend

I'm using suspend because if I try to do a full power off, the box turns back on by itself and won't stay shut off.  This started after the June update and they've said it would be fixed.  The only way to shut it totally off is to unplug it which is my complaint.  I was told to be patient.  Because of this issue I won't buy another Buzz product.

Let me explain this issue
As it was a very weird one for us during the debug process.

It is happening to some users and not others for 1 reason only.

When the XR + XRS 4000s are shutoff since June FW Update
There was a change in Amlogics newest SDK Update, that caused the Bluetooth to also stay on when in shutdown mode.

So if a user had any nearby Bluetooth Devices, Smart Watches, Headphones.  Or in our case in order to reproduce this issue was the Bluetooth Barcode scanner in our warehouse.  The box would detect this signal as a command to wakeup the box.

This took numerous hours to debug, as during testing it would happen in some locations and not others.
After lots of back and forth with Amlogic, we finally got a fix for it.

Were building New XR + XRS 4000 Firmware updates this week, and will provide to BETA very soon

Am sorry for the delay with this, but this was a very weird bug to reproduce and also fix.

• Thanks 3