Tivimate guide button initiates BuzzTv guide while in app

mwtiu2000

So I loaded Tivimate Premium and it works great.  I did notice however that while in the Tivimate app, when I push the BT-400's "Guide"  button it brings up Tivimate's guide but about 3 seconds later also initializes Buzz TV's tv guide screen outside the app and kicks me out of Tivimate.  Can this be fixed in a future firmware update please?  This is very annoying as all the other universal (non proprietary) buttons on the remote work properly for Tivimate except guide.

Thanks,

Matt

This was my first IPTV box purchase and I wanted to try something besides a Shield.  I liked the Bluetooth backlit remote, hard drive caddy add on feature, micro SD slot, AV1 codec support, etc.  I watched some videos on it and was impressed.   I tried the native IPTV interface and I like it and am hoping it continues to evolve but it needs polished.  I loaded Tivimate and the M3U and EPG file I use loaded perfectly, it streams quicker, organizes easier, no missing audio channels, etc... so I'm still using it.  

Yeah I was able to map the red button to be the Tivimate guide.  Regardless the BT400 guide button shouldn't kick me out of an app.....3rd party or not... to pull up the tv guide.  The white buttons; home and buzz tv ....yes...I'd expect them to exit any apps and trigger a proprietary option.  I'm sure in an update they could insert a line of code to update which app take priority of the guide button and when.  That's all I'm asking.  If they hope to sell a lot of these boxes they need to iron out issues like this when they come up....and i hope they make an attempt to add it to their list of items to consider.

1 hour ago, mwtiu2000 said:

This was my first IPTV box purchase and I wanted to try something besides a Shield.  I liked the Bluetooth backlit remote, hard drive caddy add on feature, micro SD slot, AV1 codec support, etc.  I watched some videos on it and was impressed.   I tried the native IPTV interface and I like it and am hoping it continues to evolve but it needs polished.  I loaded Tivimate and the M3U and EPG file I use loaded perfectly, it streams quicker, organizes easier, no missing audio channels, etc... so I'm still using it.  

I use xc api and it loads in seconds plus use suspend and it loads instantly of course

no issues organizing channels on buzztv 5 app

audio issues I press green button or left arrow button and correct it

maybe you need more time on how to use the installed app before criticizing it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Either you've never tried Tivimate Premium on the U5 or you're a BuzzTv employee/fanboy and annoyed at my critiques.  I'm fully entitled to criticize it, I just paid $179 for a U5 after coupon code...thats more expensive than most other mainstream boxes.  Just because it's my first IP box doesn't mean I don't grasp the technology and can't go through it..... get frustrated by options that don't exist and notice limitations that can likely be improved upon....which is what I thought this forum was for.  The BuzzTv interface is basic, which isn't necessarily bad because I want to set up my relatives with IPTV and they need something easy to set up, use, and maintain....but there's not much to go though before hitting limitations....especially for a techie like me who likes to customize my electronics.  No remote mapping beyond 4 colors and power key, no combining multiple EPG sources to prioritize against a single provider feed to fill gaps and manually assign missing info, no EPG channel logo editing for streams, etc. ..but I digress... I'm not here to advertise for Tivimate and point out the differences, I'm here to ask questions to make my U5 IPTV experience better regardless of which software I use to navigate my streams.  I appreciate your input but if you've never used a more advanced IPTV software you have you have no idea what I'm talking about.....or you have ties to Buzz and are getting defensive.  And no...for $179 I shouldn't have to buy a 3rd party remote to keep the BuzzTv guide from interrupting a 3rd party app.....its a BT smart remote and should be more customizable especially being that there's a preloaded dedicated app for it.  Fix the app.  Fix the coding.  That why I'm speaking up.       

• Like 1

BUSTED.  So you're like some buzz dev on his second, non staff login running defense for the home team or what?  LOL  A smart IPTV expert who just happens to prefer a beginner, limited interface box.... trolling me by suggesting I cannot fine tune something with literally extremely minimal options to customize anything?  All your suggestions have been defensive or deflective....fake helpful with a condescending tone.  If you really do work for them you should be ashamed.  If you're simply some overly helpful troll hoarding BuzzTv optimization secrets well.....quit shitting in my threads.   

• Haha 1

Get off your entitled high horse.   You bought a buzz box, and most people who buy a buzz box buy it for the BuzzTV app that is integrated in it.   The remote and many other featured are very integrated into the built in apps.   You buy the box to use it with 3rd party apps, then the 3rd party apps should be the ones adapting to various boxes.  Doesn't sound like a Buzz box is something you really wanted.  You seem to want some very generic android box, which allows you to customize everything.  Well this is not it.  Launcher is locked down, and everything very integrated.  And many of us like the choices made.   You ask nicely, many features get implemented in future updates.  You sound entitled and get into hissy fits, you get ignored.  Simple as that.

The box is a BuzzTV box, not a Tivimate box.  

• Like 3

I've asked nicely in my threads....to them...not you, but you keep popping up like you work there ...taking any criticisms personally....giving official definitive answers on behalf of the forum.... that derail my questions then the actual Buzz moderators don't respond for an official answer.  Then you get upset I don't take your responses as gospel...but if you don't work there you have no idea what direction they are willing to take this box.  Yeah, you are right I probably could benefit from a less locked down box, but, this box has a few very basic UI features and layout mapping that don't make sense that got me asking questions in the first place.  If they're willing to listen to honest feedback...great.  If not....their loss.  Either way I gave feedback...which I thought was the purpose of this forum.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:20 AM, mwtiu2000 said:

Yeah I was able to map the red button to be the Tivimate guide.  Regardless the BT400 guide button shouldn't kick me out of an app.....3rd party or not... to pull up the tv guide.  The white buttons; home and buzz tv ....yes...I'd expect them to exit any apps and trigger a proprietary option.  I'm sure in an update they could insert a line of code to update which app take priority of the guide button and when.  That's all I'm asking.  If they hope to sell a lot of these boxes they need to iron out issues like this when they come up....and i hope they make an attempt to add it to their list of items to consider.

The Guide button on all of our remotes is a Universal Remote Button
Which means its programmed to open the Guide of the Buzz app from anywhere on the box

Lots of users use this, and the remote + box + app are fully designed around the Buzz app.
We have no plans to remove the way the Guide Button is programmed on our remotes. So if this doesn't satisfy you, I would suggest getting a different remote for the box.
Making the change you're requesting would upset a ton of more users than it would please, as we would be changing user behavior that has existed for over 6 years.

no combining multiple EPG sources to prioritize against a single provider feed to fill gaps and manually assign missing info, no EPG channel logo editing for streams, etc. 
We have plans to add this in the future, but no set timeline.  As currently more than 95% of our users do not use this and only use 1 provider per box, either MAC or XC Login.

Hopefully this answers your questions

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1