wifi appears locked out .

My wi-fi has been working fine until today.  I'm hooked up to 5GHz but nothing works.  The same signal goes to my firestick and it works fine.  I've disconnected my Vidstick and reconnected it without success.  I've tried reloading the wi-fi on Vidstick and it says loaded successfully but where it shows my connection in the settings it say not connected to the internet.  What happened overnight and how do I fix it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I rebooted it yesterday even though the fire-stick right next to it on the same tv is working fine.   I've loaded other networks and none work also in the top corner of the Vid-stick where it shows signal strength I get maximum bars with my preferred network.   At the point it reads power it's got it but the signal gets lost somewhere in the stick before it get to my apps/settings??????  

Back to normal!   After "force stopping" my VPN (express) it got the full connection.   I then downloaded from the play store the "background apps and process list"... app.

This allows and reminds me to force stop everything that I'm not using.