Live wont start up after video freeze

Jada

My box (XRS4500) has been working GREAT for about 10 months and last week it stopped working the way it normally does. When the video freezes from being on for a while you can usually just change the channel and the video starts right back up. Not the case anymore, i have to restart the box now every time it freezes. 

When i did the factory reset to try and fix it, the home page is different with a blue background now. The box updated itself and i am still have the same issue.

any help would be great thanks

So it says Buzz TV 5 - version 5.0.788 buzzxr4000.tv

And i also cleared the cache under Buzz 5

Under the about it says model xrs4500 - version 9

I dont think I am running Buzz5. I never updated it to Buzz 5. Well it never asked me if I wanted to.

8 hours ago, Jada said:

My box (XRS4500) has been working GREAT for about 10 months and last week it stopped working the way it normally does. When the video freezes from being on for a while you can usually just change the channel and the video starts right back up. Not the case anymore, i have to restart the box now every time it freezes. 

When i did the factory reset to try and fix it, the home page is different with a blue background now. The box updated itself and i am still have the same issue.

any help would be great thanks

go to buzztv utilities to pick the home screen you want

So i figured out that its not only when the channel freezes, it is also when a channel has been on for a while and is still working, but if i try to change the channel it goes to black screen and does not load any thing. I did also learn that if i go into the guide and hit menu there is an option for refresh and that starts the channels back up. The refresh is much better that having to reboot as it reboot takes a long time.

If anyone has any suggestions to get the box working like it used to that would be great.

Edited by Jada

Well nothing is working! Had the provider reset my MAC. I have tried different URLs by changing the end /c/. We even tried a new sub using the XC AP Login.

Ever since the update it has not worked! I think I am going to have to call it quits with the Buzz box. It's a shame because I really did like it!

I had created a small test M3U playlist with 6 channels in it (public streams), for testing subtitles.  But in your case, since you say Nothing works, it is worth trying to see if these streams work.

On your box, go to menu, settings, server settings, M3U and add an M3U playlist.  You can call it "subtest" and use the the url I provided you (in PM) (it is case sensitive). 

If it works and you connect, you will see a list of 6 channels (4 english and 2 french).  I tested them on my 4500 using the latest update 5.0.788.

Both players (primary and backup) seem to work.  But Primary a little better than the backup one (it's just cleaner the way it shows subtitles), but they both work.

Let me know if this works.   I know MANY servers have been having issues, due to ISP blocks imposed during the world cup games.  Some are worse hit than others.  At least with this M3U list, we will know if the box is able to stream.  If this works, then  it may be an ISP issue.  I've had many customers complain with some services.  So far in some cases the only option has been to use a VPN service to bypass ISP restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...

So BUZZ came out with another update and one of the fixes was to the MAC portion of it. My box is back up and running ever since the update but it still isn't the same as before. 

Thus is whT i do if the channel is left on for a long period of time or the channel freezes. Quickest fix is to open the guide, go to menu (3 lines on remote), and refresh. This is much quicker than rebooting the system.

1 hour ago, Jada said:

So BUZZ came out with another update and one of the fixes was to the MAC portion of it. My box is back up and running ever since the update but it still isn't the same as before. 

Thus is whT i do if the channel is left on for a long period of time or the channel freezes. Quickest fix is to open the guide, go to menu (3 lines on remote), and refresh. This is much quicker than rebooting the system.

you don't go to guide

you just press the menu button

• Like 1