Continuous recording

ldjambazov

Can somebody explain how is done continuous recording on the Buzztv 4000 model with an SD card, and if this is possible.

On another box that I have it is only a matter of inserting the memory card and the box starts to record whatever I am watching, and I can rewind it, stop it, or go forward.

Thanks.

What I am referring here is Live recording.  On other boxes this is done automatically as soon as you switch a channel.  the box records until you switch to a different channel, and deletes the old recording.

I can stop, rewind, or forward the current recording while watching the channel. 

Is this available on Buzztv XR4000?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, danny121pt said:

What you mean is on a different brand.

Timeshift when builds uk what your watching and can rewind, when in particular channel for certain period of time.

Buzz does not currently have this feature, would be great if added in future though.

You might want to read the release notes before saying its not available

1 minute ago, nbs. said:

You might want to read the release notes before saying its not available

Unless you explain how it is done I am considering that this feature is not available.  I have tried to enable it without any success.

It is a great feature and since this is my first experience with Buzztv box, I would say you guys are missing a lot.

Catchup must be offered by the server. If your server offers it there is a little icon in the show description to show you that the channel  has catchup

If you know your server has it and it's not working you can pm allaboutbuzz with the server name and he can check into it

Edited by nbs.

2 hours ago, danny121pt said:

What you mean is on a different brand.

Timeshift when builds uk what your watching and can rewind, when in particular channel for certain period of time.

Buzz does not currently have this feature, would be great if added in future though.

on one server they even put all the catchup channels into a category

makes it easier to use

• Like 1

Yeah I’m talking about local timeshift, not catch-up archive catch-up, cloud timeshift. It differs and is self explanatory.

rewinding catch-up been fine since when I had xpl3000.

I mean local timeshift in which every channel in every portal will build up a timeshift which can rewind duration of usage. Until you change channel then it builds up on that channel and so forth.

Which basically builds up timeshift of channel hour viewing.

i.e watched channel 35 mins can rewind it the same.

Edited by danny121pt

4 minutes ago, danny121pt said:

Yeah I’m talking about local timeshift, not catch-up archive catch-up, cloud timeshift. It differs and is self explanatory.

rewinding catch-up been fine since when I had xpl3000.

I mean local timeshift in which every channel in every portal will build up a timeshift which can rewind duration of usage. Until you change channel then it builds up on that channel and so forth.

Which basically builds up timeshift of channel hour viewing.

i.e watched channel 35 mins can rewind it the same.

Currently local timeshift via USB/Sd card is not available. 

It is something we plan to add in a future update soon.  

I didn't want to cause so much comments and so much confusion.  The recording that I was asking is done on your local box, on a SD card.  It is not the same as a programmed recording, and is not the same as reaching to the external servers to play a content from there.

As soon as I switch to a channel, the box starts to record the content, don't need to press anything, don't need to schedule anything. If I missed few seconds or minutes from the program, I can rewind it and watch it again.  The content is available as long as I am watching the same channel.  When I switch to a different channel the recording process starts again, and the previous content is lost.

I guess the Moderator is plain and simple, this feature is in the future, until then I will stick with my old box.

See ya..

• 1 year later...
On 7/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Currently local timeshift via USB/Sd card is not available. 

It is something we plan to add in a future update soon.  

Was this feature ever added?  It is now almost 2022 and the xr4500 does not seem to offer this functionality (please correct me if I am wrong).  This is a very basic feature that boxes like the Formuler Z10 offer…