Subtitles not working

Hhh

Are you sure subtitles are included in the stream you are using ?  It won't pull them out of nowhere.   In my case, some of my streams have subtitles available, and others don't.  So it is spotty.  But that is a server issue, not a Buzz issue (in my case at least).    And I have another server which has 0 subtitles encoded in the streams.

Have you tried with another player (like STBEmu if using MAC sub, or IPTV Smarters if using XC or M3U sub), to see if subtitles are available on your streams ?

I just created a small test M3U playlist with 6 channels in it (public streams), which I know transmit with subtitles.

On your box, go to menu, settings, server settings, M3U and add an M3U playlist.  You can call it "subtest"(or whatever you want) and use the url I sent you in direct message (the url is case sensitive). 

If it works and you connect, you will see a list of 6 channels (4 english and 2 french).  I tested them on my xrs4500 using the latest update 5.0.788 and if I enable subtitles on each channel, I see subtitles as expected.  I do need to enable subtitles on each channel (no global settings as far as  know, but I could be wrong).

Both players (primary and backup) seem to work.  But Primary is a little better than the backup one (it's just cleaner the way it shows them), but they both work.

I also tested them on my HD5 and they work fine also.

Try it and let us know.

Thank you for the message. I was able to load your playlist and I can see subtitles just fine.

When I connect back to my server - I am not seeing subtitles. Upon trying to enable them - it shows DISABLED. 

So subtitles are DISABLED but CLosed Caption 1 can be enabled , and when I do that I can see subtitles.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the help

15 minutes ago, Hhh said:

Thank you for the message. I was able to load your playlist and I can see subtitles just fine.

When I connect back to my server - I am not seeing subtitles. Upon trying to enable them - it shows DISABLED. 

So subtitles are DISABLED but CLosed Caption 1 can be enabled , and when I do that I can see subtitles.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the help

sub titles is closed caption

you're missing nothing

on one player I get one cc option and on other I get four

5 minutes ago, dishuser said:

sub titles is closed caption

you're missing nothing

on one player I get one cc option and on other I get four

The Primary player will only show you the actual number of CC choices that are encoded in the stream.  So if it has only 2 options, then you will see 2 choices.   The Backup player however seems to always show 4 choices as soon as CC is available.  And backup player, you don't see the description of the CC stream.  Primary player will show you "English", "French", etc.. if multiple CC options are available.

8 minutes ago, Emporium said:

The Primary player will only show you the actual number of CC choices that are encoded in the stream.  So if it has only 2 options, then you will see 2 choices.   The Backup player however seems to always show 4 choices as soon as CC is available.  And backup player, you don't see the description of the CC stream.  Primary player will show you "English", "French", etc.. if multiple CC options are available.

doesn't change the fact that subtitles is closed captioning