BT : 4.2

USB 2.0 : 2

MicroSD : 1

Optical Audio : 1

Power Interface : 1

HDMI : 1

Video:

Output Resolution: 4K (32 FPS)

Video Decoder : H.265 4K MP-10@L5.1 75fps , AV1 , VP9 4K profile 2 60fps, , H.264 4K HP@L5.1 30fps (AVC) 60fps (MVC)

Video Format : TS , MKV , FLV , MOV , AVI , RM , MP4

Audio Format : MPEG-1 Layer 1,2 , AAC-LC , HE AAC V1/V2

Image Decoder : JPG , BMP , GIF , PNG

Dimensions:

Height: 2 cm

Length : 11 cm

Width : 11 cm

Package Contents:

B5 Device

IR-100 Remote Control

HDMI Cable

North American Power Supply

2 x Premium AAA Batteries

User Manual

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Go my B5 today.  Plugged it in for a quick test and all I can say is that it is now my default recommended go to box for anyone on a super tight budget.

When I had seen the specs I was not expecting to be impressed at all.  But surprisingly, it feels quicker than my E2 (which on paper has a better CPU - even though it is also a budget box).

I only tested with a wired ethernet connection, and with a regular 1080p monitor (nothing fancy).  The unit powered up pretty quickly.  Got the usual setup screens we are all used to on buzz (language, timezone, screen resolution, ...). Then when it goes to launch screen for the first time, it then installs a bunch of other software (netflix, disney+, etc..) so just give it a few minutes.  I then disconnected the wired connection for a few seconds to see if it could connect to my wifi and it worked without an issue (as expected).  But I prefer wired, so switched back after that.

Then I created an entry for my server and away I went on LiveTV.  Considering the hardware and lower specs, I was very impressed with the speed of the unit.  I thought it would be an exercise in patience (since I'm used to the X5 and my xrs4900), but on the contrary I was impressed.  Snappy channel changes and pretty clear image.

I installed a bunch of 3rd party apps to see if they work.  For the most part there were no issues.  However there were 1 or 2 apps where I found navigation using the remote seemed a little odd and misbehaving.  But I will run a few more tests on the weekend and compare with the other boxes (x5 and u5) to see if it is just the app that are misbehaving, or something else.

I will have more time next week to do a more complete testing of it, using a few more servers and other features.

Bottom line, first impressions are pretty impressive for a budget box.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...