Cannot Load Portal probleme since Yesterday

6 minutes ago, Pinotte Power said:

It doesn't get me any further. My mac address is correct, the portal address is correct, the guy tells me that at his place my account is working. But here still the message “Failed to load portal”

«Ask them to do a MAC reset and should be fine.  If they don't know how, time to find a new supplier/reseller. »

I'm going to ask him but if he could do it, it would already be done right?  I know the problem is that I paid for 14 months, I have 6 left to use.

The portal address you gave me was not correct Look at the difference between the one I gave you

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 1

Some are too stubborn.  I am hoping if they are reselling, that they know about a MAC reset.  It happened to me once with one of my subs.  Would not work with my buzz box, but worked fine with my generic android box and stbemu (using same MAC).  Thought it was something I did wrong.  Eventually asked and it was reset, and it came up like magic.     Nowadays most of my subs are username/passwd XC API based, except for a few that don't offer that.

• Like 1

«Some are too stubborn.  I am hoping if they are reselling, that they know about a MAC reset.»

Stbemu not working, blue screen Connection error. I told him that I had been advised to ask for a reset of the MAC, I await his answer.

Yet my sister has the same  but with another reseller and they do everything for her remotely. I am discouraged

Edited by Pinotte Power

Please remove name of service.  we can't discuss specific services.

Guess it is time to find  new reseller.  Guess we'll wait for him to do a reset.  Or come up with an excuse. 

The one reseller of that service that I know, is usually pretty responsive and helpful.

Edited by Emporium

The message is from the Buzz box, but that is because it fails to connect/authorize using your MAC against the server.   Sometimes there are locks in place or even other mechanisms (DeviceID, etc.. I won't go into many details).  So if something changes enough, it may see it as a different device or hack attempt and will refuse to connect.  That's where the MAC comes in handy.

1 hour ago, Pinotte Power said:

Sorry! Post edited.
I will see but if he could have done it, why not have done it. Finally I didn't know if this message came from them or from the buzz tv, anyone know?

it comes from the app

doesn't matter which app

buzztv 5 or stbemu

it can't connect so app let's you know

• Like 1

10h11

No news from the package reseller. But, I just opened my buzz tv, clicked on live tv and oh magic, the portal loaded along with the channels.

I don't think the fact that I told him last night that buzz tv experts told me to request a MAC reset didn't fall on deaf ears.😉 For how long will this work? I don't know. But a big thanks to all of you who helped a poor newbie with this.🤗

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This problem with  "Cannot load portal: Incorrect username or password" is still happening.

Buzz XRS4500

Current FW: V20220919

Current IPTV Ver.: 5.0794

MAC SERVER:  No user name or password required.

I've been having a lot of problems with Buzz 5 locking up when changing channels. I noticed that when I change the channel using the previous channel menu the program name on the lower program info popup does not display the correct program I changed the channel to, and pops up a message saying " Stream is not available try again later". After some time looking at a blank screen  the program info changes to the program I selected and picture is displayed. Last night while watching TV my screen froze and would not come back on. When I investigated I found that the box had dropped my Ethernet connection. I tried to switch to wireless and it wouldn't scan for networks and kept shutting the Wifi off. I could not reconnect not matter what I did. After scanning around in settings I found the Bluetooth was off. Just out of desperation I turned it on and the Wifi connected (very strange). When I tried to reconnect to my service I got  "Cannot load portal: Incorrect username or password". Ended up doing a hard reset and starting all over only to have the same problem. This morning I asked my provider to reset the MAC. The Buzz5 update doesn't appear to be stable, however I did have problems with the Ethernet not connecting with Buzz4. 

Dave

31 minutes ago, BigDaddyO said:

Update: MAC was reset, still getting "Cannot load portal: Incorrect username or password"

The buzz update is stable There are very few issues being reported with it

Does your provider have another url?

Have you tried your service in another app to see if it works there too? (stbemu)

Yes, I unplugged it overnight and again for an hour this morning. I contacted my provider for the M3U url and was able to connect and load EPG. However I lost the ability to replay programs which I like because it's hockey season.  For some reason it won't connect to MAC Server anymore. All other streaming apps (Netflix, Prime, Youtube) work and have always worked.