Remote will NOT navigate

Just received my nw ST 4000...first night I programed, paired, downloaded a couple of apps....removed it so I could watch my fav's on my FireStick 4000...next day my remote will not naviage...I have the menu but can only power on with TV remote and then I have to go to menu and click HDMI 1 again and again each time I try to pair my BT100 (VIdStick remote)...Blue light solid so seems my programming is good...but remote doesn't function...watch you tube, googled and have gone extra miles trying to fix this myself.  I have 2 yrs with a FireStick 4000 and was user friendly...HELP please!@

I so appreciate you responding.  I have tried no IR o extender, I have tried both connected, I have tried changing batteries a 2nd time...Power on the BT100 (RCU) does not turn on, only when I disconnect power source and also clean the TV source does it turn on and goes through the boot to find myself at the menu that I cannot navigate...I call it frozen...can't get to settings or anything on the menu.  

Yes I do have WIFI showing good....If I press TV on BT100 it goes to a scrambled screen and I have to use myTV remote to connect back to HDMI... I have spent hours trying to get this remote to work.  

I have watched YouTube (only one) for pairing and says to connect VidStick to HDMI, Plug in power source, push OK and Volume minus and NOTHING...I saw another video that I cannot find that showed using the TV remote and BT100 3cm close and press TV RCU sensor to sensor and press TV key on RCU...blinks doesn't go solid...So I am quite sure I am not paired and cannot seem to get it to pair.  

I have done troubleshooting that includes:  check Source/TV and blue solid...I have reset the VidStick using a pin in the little whole several times....

I am a FireStick4000 user 3yrs....so I am not a newbie... when I plug in my FS it automatically connects...no BS....so this remote is problematic I am sure....

First day I programed and Paired fine...my cleaning girl grabbed my TV remote without permission I might ad and used the TV remote to turn on TV..since that time I believe there is a conflict with TV & BT 100 remote....

Long story but that is the full all inclusive of what I have experienced...I am truly anxious to download my apps and Trakt favorites for the sneak preview I had the first evening I know this VidStick ST 4000 rocks....

Thanks again.

Reina

So what is my fix on the stick lock up on the screen?  and  Why can I not turn the power TV on with the BT 100 remote...only can turn on with the Tele RCU and then I have scrambling and horrible noise until I can get to the menu for HDMI and click it on again...

I have 3 days with this VidStick and would really like to get it working properly...

Thank you

Reina

Edited by Reina French

and I have no idea what a pin reset is....

I powered down VidStick and tele...for a couple of hours.....and just now I went to power up both VidStick and tele and it booted I can now navigate...it was magical...LOL...I did nothing that I haven't already done...so I am not on to downloading apps...we shall see how that goes...using Chrome...another learning curve..

How can I download "DOWNLOADER"  that one I am familiar with..do you have a URL so I can download on Chrome?

No friend yet...too new...I did contact a couple of FB streaming group and also the fella who recommended it to me...no replies yet.  It is Sunday...

You are the only one that has given me anything...and I thank you beyond my words can tell you.

Edited by Reina French

I havnt done a pin reset on a stick yet but it erases everything and starts  setup  again  when done 

I am not near my stick right now but I can advise better later this afternoon 

There is a guide in the xrs 4500 section on how to do a hard reset

It should be the same process except the hole is on the side near the ir hole

IF you are talking about that little tiny hole on the Stick, yes I did a safety pin and poked it more than once in my trying to figure this out....never did anything that is why I was so frustrated...when you do a hard re-set typically that is the fix...or power down Stick and tele to clear everything...this VidStick has a mind of it's own I think...LOL.

I think I am good for now...hope someone learns from our posts....

4 minutes ago, Reina French said:

IF you are talking about that little tiny hole on the Stick, yes I did a safety pin and poked it more than once in my trying to figure this out....never did anything that is why I was so frustrated...when you do a hard re-set typically that is the fix...or power down Stick and tele to clear everything...this VidStick has a mind of it's own I think...LOL.

I DONT think you just put a pin in

Check out the guide in the xrs 4500 section

Back later this aft

1 hour ago, Reina French said:

you didnt do it right You can feel the reset button if you push gently Once you know you have to hold the reset button in and power stick on

Keep holding it until the screen appears ,you use volume buttons on remote to go up and down in menu

buzz_reset_screen.jpg

Edited by nbs.
  • Thanks 1