Auto play Channel

floridasound

2 hours ago, floridasound said:

Is there a setting to stop the box from opening a server and not have the box automatically start playing a channel? I would like it to be blank until I click on the channel I want.

I you referring to after a power on, or after entering LiveTV ?

After a Power ON, by default it goes to the Main menu.  If it is starting LiveTV automatically, the from the LiveTV, press menu, settings, configuration, and then near the buttom you have an option to "Start Live TV on", you can turn it off.  That way when it powers on, it will stay in the main menu.

Now, if you start LiveTV, by default it will connect to the last server you were connected to, and to the last channel as far as I know.   Pretty sure this is default bahaviour and has been as far back as I can remember.

What you can do, is from Buzz Utilities, you can go into the Remote Control app, and configure one of the colored buttons as a shortcut, to launch the "server Settings" option, which would than NOT launch any specific service and you would need to go through and select a service to connect to.  That way, when you boot the device and you are in the home screen, you can just press the colored button to launch the Server Settings and select what you want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nbs. said:

Change your options  You can have it go to guide, home page and one other

Not near tv right now to give you exact instructions 

power options  live tv,channel list or epg grid or default

Default will take you to home page

3 hours ago, nbs. said:

power options  live tv,channel list or epg grid or default

Default will take you to home page

On the U5 ?

I'm on FW version: V20221011 and 5.0.775 and don't have power options available on the U5.

I DO have that on my xrs4900, but not on the U5 (at least not on public release software version).  Unless my box is missing some update.

17 minutes ago, Emporium said:

On the U5 ?

I'm on FW version: V20221011 and 5.0.775 and don't have power options available on the U5.

I DO have that on my xrs4900, but not on the U5 (at least not on public release software version).  Unless my box is missing some update.

Wrong box

• Like 1