XRS 4900 Update OFFICIAL FIRMWARE + BUZZ 5 UPDATE- October-18th-2022

allaboutbuzz

2 hours ago, stani035 said:

Here again . I was at my sister's today and the worst thing is that there is still a problem with turning it on.

If the box is switched on everything is fine. But when I turn the box off (with the remote) I can't turn it back on. The only way to turn it on is to unplug the box and plug it back in.

Is there a solution to fix the error because it's driving me crazy. Please help. 

You can try the solution that was offered in my post above yours.

• 4 weeks later...

your firmware is up to date but iptv not. while watching live tv press menu, settings, check for updates and see if it downloads version.794. if not then send a pm to allaboutbuzz with your box, Mac and serial number and ask him to send you update. 🙂

Is your powerkey definition set to suspend or shutdown ?  If it is not already, set it to shutdown.  This will at least ensure a clean boot every time.

Also, for closing apps, you can press the "home" key a few times, which triggers an internal mechanism that closes running apps.  after  i gave opened a few different apps, I will press the "home" button 4 or 5 times and it will close running apps.

What other 3rd party apps have you installed on the box (and from what source - an app store of side loaded hacked versions) ?  Maybe one of the apps is misbehaving and affecting others.

Worst case, you can do a factory reset of your box and start clean and see if the problem persists afterwards.  Something is obviously corrupted or misbehaving for some reason.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NsC0001 said:

Hi

is it possible to get an option in series to play from start? I noticed if you watch something again it won’t let you. I found a work around in the VLD player but it’s not handy.

I can watch any show that I have watched previously ???

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, Nelutz said:

I just got my 4900 ,I did the update but the IPTV version is still at 5.0.766  ,when  I updated said that will go to 5.0.777??

Latest public update for 4900 is 5.0.893.

Like dishuser said, if it doesn't come through, message buzztv with your mac, and let them know.  They will take care of it.  Give it a day, just in case the update servers are down at the moment 🙂

• Like 1