XR-4000 Buzz TV 5 - IPTV Ver 5.0.775 Issues

Poison Aid

Team, 
Buzz TV 5 app was working great before but now it's just constant issues (listed below by priority)
- Random Freeze and then App Crashes (High - Multiple times in a Day)
- Cannot Decode Stream (VOD / LIVE TV - High). Sol: restart the IPTV box and than it works fine. Never had this before on previous versions,
- Random LIVE TV channel don't work (Medium ). No matter how many times i restart it. 
- Random Buffering / Lagging (VOD & LIVE TV) = Even connected hardwired to the box and getting speed of 70~98 Mbps. Some time works fine no issues, but other time too much lag.

The reason i'm asking these questions because i have tried all the possible resolutions such as, power reset multiple times a day (not suspend).  Factory Reset twice, which makes annoying difficult to get connect back to the portal because it gives Invalid Userid/Pass error. Have to beg my provider to reset the MAC AND I HATE DOING THIS FACTORY RESET BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SOLVE THE APP ISSUE (buzz TV app random crash). 

Apparently, i'm reading this similar issues happening to new models too. So the BuzzTV app needs to be fixed. 
When is the newer version coming out ? 

16 minutes ago, Poison Aid said:

Team, 
Buzz TV 5 app was working great before but now it's just constant issues (listed below by priority)
- Random Freeze and then App Crashes (High - Multiple times in a Day)
- Cannot Decode Stream (VOD / LIVE TV - High). Sol: restart the IPTV box and than it works fine. Never had this before on previous versions,
- Random LIVE TV channel don't work (Medium ). No matter how many times i restart it. 
- Random Buffering / Lagging (VOD & LIVE TV) = Even connected hardwired to the box and getting speed of 70~98 Mbps. Some time works fine no issues, but other time too much lag.

The reason i'm asking these questions because i have tried all the possible resolutions such as, power reset multiple times a day (not suspend).  Factory Reset twice, which makes annoying difficult to get connect back to the portal because it gives Invalid Userid/Pass error. Have to beg my provider to reset the MAC AND I HATE DOING THIS FACTORY RESET BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SOLVE THE APP ISSUE (buzz TV app random crash). 

Apparently, i'm reading this similar issues happening to new models too. So the BuzzTV app needs to be fixed. 
When is the newer version coming out ? 

Most users are not having issues

do you have TS ON? if yes, do you have USB or internal storage for TS? try to turn OFF TS and see if it helps with freezing/crash.

TS = Time Sync ? 
No sure where it is, and believe it's not "ON" b/c i did a factory reset so it wiped out all the settings. 

I have 128GB MicroSD but it's not setup for any PVR recording yet 

20 hours ago, G2P said:

I have same exact problem on my XRS4000  Ver 5.0.777 started this week

"can not decode stream" for live TV randomly, Tried default and secondary player for both VOD and Live TV  did not help.

Its an error message from the stream itself
Means its having issues from the server you're watching it on

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 8:14 PM, G2P said:

"can not decode stream" for live TV randomly, Tried default and secondary player for both VOD and Live TV  did not help.

Its an error message from the stream itself
Means its having issues from the server you're watching it on

Agree to disagree, 
I get this error while have i'm watching live TV randomly. Flip other channels, same issue untill i power down and restart the Box. 

Seems like BuzzTV 5 app with improvements has become an overkill for XR4000 models 

18 hours ago, Poison Aid said:
  On 10/17/2022 at 8:14 PM, G2P said:

Agree to disagree, 
I get this error while have i'm watching live TV randomly. Flip other channels, same issue untill i power down and restart the Box. 

Seems like BuzzTV 5 app with improvements has become an overkill for XR4000 models 

I would suggest trying a Factory Reset on your 4000
The 4000s were released in 2019, so if you have had it for awhile
Sometimes doing a factory reset and starting fresh helps.

There are lots of users on 4000, using Buzz 5 without any issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poison Aid said:

Do you still have trouble on XR4000 ?

I can't narrow down if the device is going bad. Because for some odd reason during some hours in evenings its glitching too much. LiveTV and VOD 

download analiti and run a test when that happens

you can get it from aptoide

On 10/24/2022 at 2:21 PM, Poison Aid said:

I can't narrow down if the device is going bad. Because for some odd reason during some hours in evenings its glitching too much. LiveTV and VOD 

download analiti and run a test when that happens

you can get it from aptoide

Downloaded analiti and ran the test, where i'm connected hardwired on ethernet cable. 
Getting 97(Download) and 96(upload) speed, the bottle neck is my XR4000 with 100Mbps (NIC) network card

1 minute ago, Poison Aid said:

Downloaded analiti and ran the test, where i'm connected hardwired on ethernet cable. 
Getting 97(Download) and 96(upload) speed, the bottle neck is my XR4000 with 100Mbps (NIC) network card

try wifi and see what speed is

On 10/24/2022 at 3:21 PM, Poison Aid said:

In the evening are peak watching hours for a lot of servers
If this is what's happening to you, sounds more like a server related issue

You could have full 1GB internet and it still wouldn't help if the server you're using is having issues with too many users at one time and not being able to maintain it.
Which in turn causes issues with freezing and glitching.

• Like 1

as far freezing im hoping no one is using your credentials same time you are watching which mostly evening time. if thats the case then you might see freezing because two connections same time. I use a lot like that and when I notice second person gets connected it start to freeze or lag until one of us leaves. 

as far freezing im hoping no one is using your credentials same time you are watching which mostly evening time. if thats the case then you might see freezing because two connections same time. I use a lot like that and when I notice second person gets connected it start to freeze or lag until one of us leaves. 

Hey, that's a great advice. 
In XR4000 you can't change the MAC address (Option removed) .This option was valid in 3000's Models, because my friend has that older box and he can do it. For me, no option to change MAC on XR4000.

My service is based on the MAC Address which i love it but random lagg and freezing on all channels and VOD doesn't make sense. 

I'll tell my service provider to check my MAC not used twice.

In the evening are peak watching hours for a lot of servers
If this is what's happening to you, sounds more like a server related issue

You could have full 1GB internet and it still wouldn't help if the server you're using is having issues with too many users at one time and not being able to maintain it.
Which in turn causes issues with freezing and glitching.

@allaboutbuzz What about BuzzTV app crashing ? I couldn't figure out why my app randomly becomes unresponsive and crashes. 
Only work around is to restart the IPTV box (not suspend). {I love this feature on latest buzz, my friend has 3000 series and he has to unplug every time}.

These Random Buzz TV App crashes making didn't fix even after factory reset. So now it makes me worried if my XR4000 is going bad ? 

2 hours ago, Poison Aid said:

Hey, that's a great advice. 
In XR4000 you can't change the MAC address (Option removed) .This option was valid in 3000's Models, because my friend has that older box and he can do it. For me, no option to change MAC on XR4000.

My service is based on the MAC Address which i love it but random lagg and freezing on all channels and VOD doesn't make sense. 

I'll tell my service provider to check my MAC not used twice.

tell them if they can lock into your ISP...etc