Buzz TV5 loses internet connection

ppat86

5 minutes ago, stan767 said:

I have a xrs4500 box running build v 20221115 and IPTV ver 5.0.790 with the same problem of losing my wifi internet connection after a suspend. Turn wifi on/ and off shows no wifi at all. I don't have any hotspot option mentioned above. Only solution is to reboot the box. 

you dont have that option due to OS 11 I guess. I believe you have OS 9

The problem is that the box looses wifi completely, not only to the internet. Turning wifi off then on shows no wifi addresses.

Is there a way to issue a trouble ticket on this issue and possibly see if anyone else is experiencing this issue, like in the GitHub website?

• 3 weeks later...

This problem is generalized. I have the latest U5 and X5-128 : same issue (even with the latest firmware update). Impossible to keep Wi-FI connected more than two days (some time connected but w/o internet). I tried all network settings, no change, in two different big cities. Reboot my Bell 3000 router, not change at both locations. I have other streaming boxes (Formuler GTV, Skystream, Sony TV with no such issue).  

I am very disappointed because the box is the fastest on the market (I have three X5 and two U5 special edition). But unforunatelly, my family is not expert enough to handle this issue when I am out. So I am the only one using BuzzTV now.

Do you have any plan to fix this issue?

6 hours ago, Flyinghigh said:

Buzztv does not see it as an issue. I was told by cs . "If this was an issue i am sure we would have ton of tickets about it. " 

My box is still doing it, btw.

what was the date on that statement? 

On 1/5/2023 at 11:27 AM, Flyinghigh said:

Buzztv does not see it as an issue. I was told by cs . "If this was an issue i am sure we would have ton of tickets about it. " 

My box is still doing it, btw.

I think this was a mistake

We currently have 5 or so users with this issue

It seems to only happen with users that are using Mesh Networks for their Wifi
We cannot reproduce it ourselves though, so it makes it difficult to fix.

Were in contact with Amlogic in regards to a solution for this
We currently have one in their new SDK, but the SDK has some other bugs so were waiting on fixes for that.

• Like 6

Losing wifi definitely happening on a few 4000 boxes after not being in use for a few hours or less. 
what I do , is switch from guest to primary wifi network name  on my router and vice versa.

I have 2 routers connected with each other as one is located on a different floor.

Router one: Guest_home , primary_home name on them

second router name is smart_guest and smart_home.