**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - October 12th, 2022

allaboutbuzz

A couple of observations, I have noticed, since the Oct 12th update.

As I record a lot of live TV , 20/20, Dateline etc., I have noticed a couple of things.

If I stop watching a recording , then go back to watch, I don't get the option to watch

where I left off. I had this option before  the 10122022.

Also If I FF a recording, or a TV series,  or even at the start of a recording , the first thing that happens is that I 

have to push the FF button quite a few times to start Fast Forwarding. Once the  FF has begun it works as it should.

Also , on a recorded show, the fist thing that happens when the FF is working, and I FF.  the recorded show will go back about 5 min.

then FF.

These are just my observations since 10122022.

TK 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Terry Knapper said:

On my VOD I get the "continue" message. On my "TV Series" I don't get a continue message. I don't remember if I 

got the continue message before, but, I believe so.

I just checked a recording from last night. Same issues,  for me, as stated above.

On tv series the continue watching is on the screen for TV series

20221016_122826.jpg

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 1

In my case, recorded shows will not fast forward, at the beginning , or for the first time, unless I pause first.

On recorded shows recorded before, or after, 10122022, will go back 9 min on a FF before the shows goes ahead(FF).

And all recordings will not allow a "resume" play.

On  a TV series I do not get a "resume" play option.

My be I'm the only one. I guess we wait and see.  

23 minutes ago, Terry Knapper said:

In my case, recorded shows will not fast forward, at the beginning , or for the first time, unless I pause first.

On recorded shows recorded before, or after, 10122022, will go back 9 min on a FF before the shows goes ahead(FF).

I think you need to clear data or do a reset jmo

41 minutes ago, Terry Knapper said:

no issues ff or rw on recording

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terry Knapper said:

"nbs" what do you mean by "clear data" or reset.

meaning reset app or box.

to reset app, settings, apps, buzztv5, clear data and clear cache

to reset box, settings, device preferences, about, factory reset

18 minutes ago, Terry Knapper said:

If I clear data and/or clear cache will I lose my scheduled recordings on my scheduled recording page?

With just Clear cache, NO.

Clear Data, YES.  all buzztv5 info is gone.  You will need to re-enter all your server info, redo all you favorites, and schedules.

• Thanks 1

I can not get my X5 128AI to update even after a factory reset. I am stuck at V20220624 IPTV Version 5.0.727. Last check Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:39. I was unaware that there were multiple updates issued, was wondering why not all this time. ? Is what do I do now. Thanks for any help solving the update problem. 

18 minutes ago, Speaky said:

I can not get my X5 128AI to update even after a factory reset. I am stuck at V20220624 IPTV Version 5.0.727. Last check Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:39. I was unaware that there were multiple updates issued, was wondering why not all this time. ? Is what do I do now. Thanks for any help solving the update problem. 

There is a fix for the x5 users with the June 24th firmware

I can't give you the link from my phone sorry