BuzzTV U5 - Some Functions

Ryu

Pre Installed Apps
applinstaller, aptoide, BuzzTv OTA, Buzztv smart remote, Chorme, DRM info, Disney+, File browser, Files, Google Play Store, Netflix, TeamViewer, VLC, and Youtube.

Home Screen
comes with 4 options.
1. BuzzTV Classic
2. BuzzTV Media Player
3. BuzzTV media Player 2
4. BuzzTV Modern

Weather
weather can be changed between C or F
also, comes with Lock Location option if you want to use VPN. To use this option first turn vpn off, set your location, and then toggle lock button.

Color Keys Mapping
since BT400 remote does not have vod, series, pvr.....etc buttons on remote control but can be setup with color keys mapping. this can be done two different ways.
from home screen click on Buzztv smart remote app, setup color keys, highlight and hit color you want to map, select app or function from list.
or
settings, Buzz Utilities, Remote Control, highlight and hit ok color you want to map, select app or function.

BuzzTV Smart App
gives you seven options.
1. Auto TV Setup
2. Backlight ON/OFF
3. Setup Color Keys
4. Update Control Software
5. Pair Bluetooth Remote
6. HDMI CEC Settings
7. Max Volum Settings

PowerKey Definition
powerkey definition can be set to either suspend, force suspend, shutdown, restart.
to change settings go to settings, more settings, power key definition can be

Energy Saver
if you notice your device turns off display after 24 hours then you need to change energy saver settings.
1. click on settings
2. Device Preferences
3. Energy Saver
4. change 24 hours to Never

Factory Reset
To Factory Reset BuzzTv U5
1. Click on Settings 
2. Go to Device Preferences 
3. Hit About 
4. click Factory Reset

24 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Pre Installed Apps
applinstaller, aptoide, BuzzTv OTA, Buzztv smart remote, Chorme, DRM info, Disney+, File browser, Files, Google Play Store, Netflix, TeamViewer, VLC, and Youtube.

Home Screen
comes with 4 options.
1. BuzzTV Classic
2. BuzzTV Media Player
3. BuzzTV media Player 2
4. BuzzTV Modern

Weather
weather can be changed between C or F
also, comes with Lock Location option if you want to use VPN. To use this option first turn vpn off, set your location, and then toggle lock button.

Color Keys Mapping
since BT400 remote does not have vod, series, pvr.....etc buttons on remote control but can be setup with color keys mapping. this can be done two different ways.
from home screen click on Buzztv smart remote app, setup color keys, highlight and hit color you want to map, select app or function from list.
or
settings, Buzz Utilities, Remote Control, highlight and hit ok color you want to map, select app or function.

BuzzTV Smart App
gives you seven options.
1. Auto TV Setup
2. Backlight ON/OFF
3. Setup Color Keys
4. Update Control Software
5. Pair Bluetooth Remote
6. HDMI CEC Settings
7. Max Volum Settings

PowerKey Definition
powerkey definition can be set to either suspend, force suspend, shutdown, restart.
to change settings go to settings, more settings, power key definition can be

Energy Saver
if you notice your device turns off display after 24 hours then you need to change energy saver settings.
1. click on settings
2. Device Preferences
3. Energy Saver
4. change 24 hours to Never

Factory Reset
To Factory Reset BuzzTv U5
1. Click on Settings 
2. Go to Device Preferences 
3. Hit About 
4. click Factory Reset

Does the suspend mode now turn the box off like the 4500's do? (Green light goes off and red light comes on)?

27 minutes ago, sea157 said:

It does now with the latest update!

Now all they need to do is get the backup and restore working.

The are working on getting TWRP backup/restore working on Android 11 boxes.

It's not a huge issue for me, since I keep all my latest apks that I typically install, on a single USB stick.  So if I have to reset, reinstalling all my apps takes less than 10 minutes and maybe another 10 or 15 minutes to configure them.  Now if you install something like Kodi and piles of plugins with all sorts of customizations, I can see where the backup would be handy.

The one thing that would be useful (for me at least), would be to be able export "my favorites" (per service) to some sort of backup file (xml or other form) and then be able to restore them after a reset or clear data of the buzztv 5 data.  But for now, it is not a huge deal since it is not something I do frequently anyhow.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

how can i access the android recovery page if my u5 box  bug durring bootup? i don't have access to the menu. it boot with the static logo then the animation then the static logo again and keep flashing the tv.

is it a way to do it by the av port with a tooth pick?

thank you