XRS4500. Received today

Well issues. Remote is flaky when paired for Bluetooth. Had to turn bluetooth off for remote. Seen that issue posted already. The whole box seems sluggish. My apps are slow. Internet is slow. Older box faster all around. Wondering if it's android 9? My old box is 8. Wondering if I should have not updated. I purchased on the fact I was told it was a beast. Please help. Not happy at moment. Thank you.

The 4500 is fast.Thre are some apps that dont work well with android 9 but the app makers are catching up

Install speedtest on your buzz and  check your speeds  

You using 2.4 or 5? or hard wired?

You might want to factory set and start over

The remote goes to sleep when not in use and takes a few seconds to wake up before working properly 

Edited by nbs.

Thanks for the reply. It is hardwired with 600mb/s service. Did a factory reset. I figured maybe it might a android 8 vs 9 issue. One of the apps works great on Android 8, slow on 9. So I'm guessing the rest I see from people could be dealt with, with an update.

20 minutes ago, Mark said:

Thanks for the reply. It is hardwired with 600mb/s service. Did a factory reset. I figured maybe it might a android 8 vs 9 issue. One of the apps works great on Android 8, slow on 9. So I'm guessing the rest I see from people could be dealt with, with an update.

Which app is slow for you on 9?

So we can take a look. 

I'm curious is there any way it could be the internet priority these apps are getting. I hope I can explain this right. Is it possible the firmware is giving a higher priority to some apps more than others. Its seems the slow down i'm having is when its gathering data to do what it needs to do. The Buzztv4 app is very quick to load data and stream. Does any of this make sense? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I'm curious is there any way it could be the internet priority these apps are getting. I hope I can explain this right. Is it possible the firmware is giving a higher priority to some apps more than others. Its seems the slow down i'm having is when its gathering data to do what it needs to do. The Buzztv4 app is very quick to load data and stream. Does any of this make sense? Thank you.

I'm using the xrs4500 for 3 months now ,I have the same apps that you have installed the tvzion, nordvpn plus some others extra ,true some of the apps are sluggish to load but I think is because of those particular apps like @allaboutbuzz said that they need updating, true the remote is kinda off problem but i bought the ARQ-100 remote and solve all the remote problems 😁, all in all no box is perfect.

Edited by Nelutz

Well a update on the slow app issue. I disabled the NordVPN software. As in it's not connecting to anything at the moment. The apps mentioned have sped up. I started to think about connection stuff. I don't notice the slow down on the other box. Could be the nordvpn software is the issue as in compatibility or just doesn't like the environment.