XRS4500 buzz TV box Media Player launcher

Hi All my XRS4500 buzz TV box Media Player launcher keeps crashing over and over and over in startup.  I know it's an issue because I have 4 boxes which are the same all have same setup an all 4 boxes keep on doing the same thing.  have reset the boxes and  monster box restarts I switch it back to the media player launcher and the same process starts all over again when it keeps crashing over and over again will not let the screen continue. so I just want to know if anyone else is having the same problem and if there's a fix for this issue. I am not a big fan of the iptv service so I'll be not used IPTV service . the default water the four the box is really useless to me because it really does not have that many features to customise it and change look. the classic launcher is pretty much the same exact thing not appealing . I tried installing the Nova Launcher and they didn't work that well because the widgets for able to be used and flexible enough to allow apps and i tried installing  different other launchers  and that didn't work out too well. it seems that the best TV is interface when I allow other launches to be installed and used within the boxes operating interface. I will say the box is first but also my x99 Android box is also just as fast so in the meantime I remove the buzzTV boxes and I placed my x99 Aondroid boxs  back in the original places. so if someone can tell me how to fix this problem I will gladly put them back but as of now there useless to me.  and the way I see it they were a big waste of money and the big waste of time. so someone can help me fix these things I'll be very happy and faithful. PS I'm a Healthcare worker so everybody please stay safe.

Buzz is aware of the issue as it happened on the 4000 beta file

It's an easy fix ,just do a hard reset and avoid the media player launcher until its fixed

What version of buzz 4 are you using?

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nelutz said:

Wow ,that sucks , but I don't have this issue and I've been using Buzztv boxes since the 2016 🙁

You can't change launchers in older but models though so you wouldn't have that issue on those boxes.

hello to everyone that's on this topic. I was avoiding to use an outside launcher on this box because I do not want to cause any more stressed because sometimes outside launches put more stress on the memory and the processor some devices can handle in some devices cannot. I've been doing research on the unit specs and operating functionalities and issues. I filled the operating from where in his boxers should be less restricted by the  companies who manufacture devices that use Android OS. Android was developed by Google which is an open source application. devices like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku TV another devices which I cannot name does Android and Linux based devices which are locked. I will never purchase a part of like that I will never own one. so I will wait for a fix for the Media Player Launcher from the BuzzTV tech team, until then  my BuzzTV XRS4500 Android box is worth it in the closet. and I'm starting to like my x99 Android TV box is a lot better. 

so everyone have a great memorial Day and follow the covid-19   rules wear mask and stay 6 feet apart . 

2 hours ago, SIMMtechman said:

hello to everyone that's on this topic. I was avoiding to use an outside launcher on this box because I do not want to cause any more stressed because sometimes outside launches put more stress on the memory and the processor some devices can handle in some devices cannot. I've been doing research on the unit specs and operating functionalities and issues. I filled the operating from where in his boxers should be less restricted by the  companies who manufacture devices that use Android OS. Android was developed by Google which is an open source application. devices like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku TV another devices which I cannot name does Android and Linux based devices which are locked. I will never purchase a part of like that I will never own one. so I will wait for a fix for the Media Player Launcher from the BuzzTV tech team, until then  my BuzzTV XRS4500 Android box is worth it in the closet. and I'm starting to like my x99 Android TV box is a lot better. 

so everyone have a great memorial Day and follow the covid-19   rules wear mask and stay 6 feet apart . 

Seams like this box is not for you ,so my question is ,why did u buy it ?u could easily watch some YouTube videos (a lot of them are there with tutorials or reviews)or come here and ask before you make the move on a box that is not for your needs ,my advice is sell it than leave it in ur closet😁.

The 'Media Player' Launcher is one launcher screen not working, out of three launcher screens available,  seems like a poor excuse to downgrade such a nice box.

The 'Modern' Launcher is great. They have put some work and thought into that. I love how it hides most widgets or shortcuts automatically, until you scroll the screen.

You do not even have to press a dedicated button to bring up the hidden shortcut widgets, just scroll down and the back up and they appear,  which is a nice touch there 🙂

Adding shortcuts to your favorites right there on Launcher is also a nice touch too.

As far as shortcuts to other things, like Utilities and Settings and etc, they are there too in plain view and easy access.

I have not explored the Media Player Launcher option much, because ummmm, well because it does throw the box into a loop :eek:

I like the addition of the 'Classic' Launcher too,  because  it is familiar (people tend to attract to familiar things).

As far as that 'other' box mentioned and wrongfully promoted here , ummm is that a Chinese made box, which is basically a generic knock off of the android tv box, and coming from China it would most likely be built with inferior parts and materials.

I would investigate into that before you boost up that box too much.

But we do not need to hear the results thou, as we do not care 🙂

BuzzTV boxes are in a league of their own and can not be nor should be compared to those generic 'Mi Box' Android boxes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi. everyone I am answering the question is  two people left at my last post  and the answer is no I am not pushing another box  the reason that I came to buzz TV support is to get a fix for my boxs  the reason why I purchase the Buzz TV boxes is because I wanted something better and no I am not pushing another box  so I apologize if I ruffle some feathers  I just realized today why my media player launcher crashed on all 4 of my Buzz TV boxes  it was the May 19th update because all 4 of my boxes have received the same updating all crashed at the same time  and to give you guys a little bit of a update I found a older version of the AV Launcher and the top TV Launcher work 's FINE  so check them out. and just to let buzz TV support know that I do want to fix for boxes because I really like them.okay guys I got to go because I got to go to work. stay healthy and safe

Edited by SIMMtechman

37 minutes ago, SIMMtechman said:

Hi. everyone I am answering the question is  two people left at my last post  and the answer is no I am not pushing another box  the reason that I came to buzz TV support is to get a fix for my boxs  the reason why I purchase the Buzz TV boxes is because I wanted something better and no I am not pushing another box  so I apologize if I ruffle some feathers  I just realized today why my media player launcher crashed on all 4 of my Buzz TV boxes  it was the March 19th update because all 4 of my boxes have received the same updating all crashed at the same time  and to give you guys a little bit of a update I found a older version of the AV Launcher and the top TV Launcher work 's FINE  so check them out. and just to let buzz TV support know that I do want to fix for boxes because I really like them.okay guys I got to go because I got to go to work. stay healthy and safe

I receive my XRS 4500 today and wanted to see all options after selecting the media player launcher, the box went crazy! spend 2 hours waiting for someone on the chat to answer me. I spend 1 hour researching and finally, was able to fix it. The way to deal with it without doing a hard reset is to disconnect the wireless or the Ethernet cable, unplug it and restart, from there the main screen will show and you can use any other launcher.  Maybe a little note about this issue inside the box, I can't imagine a person who has no knowledge of electronics trying to fix this issue, just saying. I hope this helps someone. 

Hi. Everyone this is an update for the post that was put up by EmmaB.  Yes I do have some technical knowledge and what you suggested I've already tried. All my devices are connected through ethernet and I've already tried that and that will work for a little while as long as you keep the backs in suspend mode. I do not like suspend mode and I do not use suspend mode on any device that has it that mode can bring in problems. all my devices are set to shutdown. it's not a good idea to keep the box running without anyone using it. and I respect for the Buzz TV team and support team. I haven't done what I usually do when something gives me a problem like this. Which is hacking the box. So like I said a respect for the Buzz TV team and support. I Will Wait but in the meantime I will start collecting a lot of DATA information on XRS4500. when were thing I do not spend all my time on chat sites. I have patients to take care. So everyone stay safe

• Thanks 1

when it is looping with that MediaPlayer Launcher/Home screen, simply scroll to the right and hit enter. You may have to do this a few times as you have to catch it just right in between the loops. And then  once you do catch it just right,  a side bar menu may come up with the Home Screen option there.  You may get the incorrect side-bar menu and will have to try again.

Why I mention this is because there are prolly a few ways you can get out of this 'loop' issue, but anyone that unknowingly  comes across this issue will or should probably know to try a reset, That is always an answer for many things with android boxes. The reset will put the box as it was before the MediaPlayer Launcher was chosen.

I am sure as well that the Buzz Team will either fix that Launcher or remove it,  just a matter of time 🙂

Stay healthy guys and cheers 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hi. everyone this is an update on the Buzz TV media payer launcher ok I found the problem why the launcher Loops in boo'd up out of all the three launchers the media launcher player is the only launch at that has a live weather app that loads at the same time when the screen is starting to load all your apps it's trying to load an update first before allowing all the other apps on your screen to load and  appear that's what's causing the screen to loop as it's loading the way I was able to find this out is because I have a special PC which is my personal workstation that has Linux installed in it and programs that will allow me to do pretty much anything to any device or applications I configured one of my emulators to emulate android 9.0 pie I searched the original firmware that was included in the Box and downloaded it into my emulator I installed it and rebooted my emulator again and now my emulator screen looks just like the Buzz TV screen that the box came with I downloaded the update firmware for March 19th 2020 install that rebooted my emulator check to make sure that my update was successful and it was now we started to bench test the software after going through all the settings I can see that then saw that was pretty nicely done and I also noticed that there were a few glitches but that's normal for pretty much everything because nothing in this world is ever perfect I also tested the IPTV applications in the Box for the people are using IPTV application with WiFi I would recommend that you use the 2X2 WIFI mode that's built into the Buzz TV box that is an excellent feature and I also recommend using a static IP address in the box and also create the same IP address and name of the device in the router and that should keep your network connection stable. Ok Buzz TV team what needs to be fixed or remove (weather application) on the media payer launcher for the media player launcher and that will make the media player work just fine. I'm going to keep this application running on my Linux computer for a couple more days maybe a week to see if there are any other problems which I don't see any. Just for your information this was started May 29th 2020 at 11:17 A.M. Eastern Time. I will keep everybody updated in the next couple of days. Oh by the way I am not using the AV Launcher because it's an older version is no longer supported so I switched it to the ATV launcher which happens to be the same exact thing But the widgets don't work so I disabled it but everything else works perfectly fine so that's what I am using temporarily on all 4 if my boxes and my family is very happy about it now they can use them without having any problems. Ok everyone stay safe and I'll keep in touch.

Hi. everyone this is an update on the Buzz TV Team> If any of the weather application with the problem with the media player launcher how come it was never mentioned in any of the post maybe it was because they wanted somebody to find it for them and then they could take the credit and this is the same person who accused me of plugging another box. well guess what respect is over it's time to hack this box and make it mine. and this is the last post. Let me put it on this site.

• Sad 1

Most conversations on the issue have been private between the beta testers at another site but I did make a public post about it on the other site a couple of hours before your post this morning 

If you would like a link to it let me know and I'll send it you

Posting links to other sites is a no-no too 

omg ... whats this all about ?

lol,  damn.

Am I the one that is accused of something ?

In fact you did do just exactly what you said you did not.

And I quote, "my BuzzTV XRS4500 Android box is worth it in the closet. and I'm starting to like my x99 Android TV box is a lot better"

And now it seems that we have your feathers ruffled.

You should have quit when you were ahead because you were starting to make some sense🙂

Edited by whacked
  • Like 2