remote

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

Have you tried unpairing it and using it as IR only (ie: no bluetooth pairing).  

See if it works and then do a clean pairing..  I don't recall having that issue with the ST4000 at least.  But I could check again tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

I've had it happen with almost every model and remote

it only happens very rarely

Edited by dishuser

I've also experienced this on my 4500 Max with the BT100. Re-booting,  re-pairing or replacing batteries didn't help. I've also found that when searching in VOD/TV, the remote will occasionally enter letters (or numbers) two or three times with one press of the OK button, or just freeze up. Can be annoying at times. 

One other thing I've noticed just this week is that when I switch from Energizer alkaline to NiMH rechargeable batteries the remaining charge  shown in bluetooth only shows 66% on fully charged batteries.

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

I've also experienced this on my 4500 Max with the BT100. Re-booting,  re-pairing or replacing batteries didn't help. I've also found that when searching in VOD/TV, the remote will occasionally enter letters (or numbers) two or three times with one press of the OK button, or just freeze up. Can be annoying at times. 

One other thing I've noticed just this week is that when I switch from Energizer alkaline to NiMH rechargeable batteries the remaining charge  shown in bluetooth only shows 66% on fully charged batteries.

rechargeable will never be 100% after charging

keep in mind they can only be recharged so many times

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Keep in mind that Alkaline batteries are nominal 1.5V, yet NiMH batteries are only 1.2V.  So for 2 batteries, assuming fully charged, you are 3V vs 2.4V, so that is at best 80% at ideal top condition rechargeables.  And typically in real world situation, Alkalines tend to measure closer to 1.6V out of package.  And rechargeables slightly under 1.2V, so the difference is even bigger.